Kubi Gloves - Maximum Thickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The gloves are, well, just gloves. Thickness, size, and material are all that really matter. I got mine from Airgas online. The O-rings, similarly, are, well, just O-rings, available from McMaster and others. But if I didn't want to do the research, I'd just call DRIS.

The aluminum rings are another matter entirely. I don't even know if you can get replacements.
By chance, do you have the McMaster numbers for the O-rings. I've been meaning to pick up spares. Because when you have spares you don't need them. When you don't have spares, that is when you do need them.

By chance, do you have the McMaster numbers for the O-rings. I've been meaning to pick up spares. Because when you have spares you don't need them. When you don't have spares, that is when you do need them.

Sorry, no. A local industrial supply has cabinets full and I usually just go there and match up what I need. But the instructions have the measurements and there's an O-ring size chart you can use to get from them to the O-ring number. Google Parker O-Ring Handbook and see Section 9, or PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you the PDF.

Edit: Here's a direct link. https://www.parker.com/literature/ORD 5700 Parker_O-Ring_Handbook.pdf

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to start measuring things up. I got the suit with the Kubi's already fitted and didn't get a copy of the instructions with diminsions. I know I have the 90mm rings, but I doubt that is the size of any of the O-rings.

I have also found that Amazon has a really good O-ring finder as well. The filters let you dial in sizes, durameters, materials...

I guess I'll have to start measuring things up. I got the suit with the Kubi's already fitted and didn't get a copy of the instructions with diminsions. I know I have the 90mm rings, but I doubt that is the size of any of the O-rings.

I have also found that Amazon has a really good O-ring finder as well. The filters let you dial in sizes, durameters, materials...

The instructions are, I believe, online on Kubi's website. However, from the PDF, the glove side uses these:

Fixing O-ring: 69.1 x 5.8mm, 70 durometer
Security O-ring: 72 x 4mm, 70.
Sealing O-ring: 75 x 5mm, 70.

For the suiit side:

Security O-ring: 72 x 4mm, 70.
Sealing O-ring: 84.1 x 5.8mm, 70.

Also, in addition to the useful tables, a pass through the Parker book and a comparison to what the industry uses for what passes as O-ring glands compared with Parker's specs will show you just how tolerant of use and abuse O-rings are. It's amazing some of the things provided by manufacturers seal up at all...but most of it's trouble-free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom