Kubi rings leaking badly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time yourself, two mins tops :)

Yay, in the winter we could have competitive Kubi glove changing competitions on Zoom!

Need something to lever the rings off: something like an old cert card.

Does PADI have a Kubi glove speciality? Oh, they don't give out cards any longer, so even that's pointless.

PADI, bite your tongue! :facepalm:My token PADI cert is ice diving and only because that shop is all PADI on the rec side.

I use the little red tool that came with my old Ultima rings. Works quite well.

Where do you folks in North America get your Marigold gloves? I need size medium/7.5. Find lots of hits in the UK.

Found them on Zoro.com, where I've gotten gloves before. "Ansell black latex" was what I had to search by, and then compare the print on the back of my current gloves. $4.69. Ordered 10 pairs.

Now the good news. Each pack of two gloves come as both left handed, both right handed or one of each in white or black. For some reason one glove (my left hand) goes more frequently than the other.

Now the good news. Each pack of two gloves come as both left handed, both right handed or one of each in white or black. For some reason one glove (my left hand) goes more frequently than the other.

Thats weird. Few issues with my right hand and I’m very predominantly right handed.

Update: two shallow dives on Sunday. Left hand got soaked, right hand pretty damp. Gloves had no wrinkles with the O ring that holds them to the ring. I’ll do a leak test before diving this weekend.

Left hand got soaked, right hand pretty damp.

Check the ring to suit area. Could be there's a leak there. Could even be a leak in the arm that's running down when you lower your arms post-dive.

Time to inflate the suit. Get a (large) cooking bowl and shove into the neck-hole. Connect both gloves then inflate the suit in a quiet room. Inflate it so it's quite solid -- will need quite a lot of air for this (the big cooking bowl can pop out!). Listen for hissing. Wet your hands whilst checking for leaks (you can feel the cold of the escaping air more easily).

As you know it's just the left hand/arm, could use a bucket of water -- maybe put a dive weight in the glove before inflating so it'll sink?

Check the ring to suit area. Could be there's a leak there. Could even be a leak in the arm that's running down when you lower your arms post-dive.

Time to inflate the suit. Get a (large) cooking bowl and shove into the neck-hole. Connect both gloves then inflate the suit in a quiet room. Inflate it so it's quite solid -- will need quite a lot of air for this (the big cooking bowl can pop out!). Listen for hissing. Wet your hands whilst checking for leaks (you can feel the cold of the escaping air more easily).

As you know it's just the left hand/arm, could use a bucket of water -- maybe put a dive weight in the glove before inflating so it'll sink?

Yeah, I figure it’s the ring to suit area. I know there’s not a leak in the suit. It feels like the water is coming in from where the glove goes in. I’ve got an empty plastic jug to stick in the neck.

Back
Top Bottom