Kudos to Capt. Bobby Cox and Diver Down in Morehead City, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xiSkiGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Kudos to Capt. Bobby Cox and his crew at Diver Down Charters in Morehead City, NC. Despite rough seas (and after asking if we wished to continue) they delivered us safely to our dive destinations this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Friday and Saturday we watched while two dive other operations turned their boats around shortly afer getting off shore each day. This weekend if you weren't diving with Bobby, you were back at the dock by 9 o'clock!

Actually, I give him Kudos for blowing us off for three days last year during Seafood Fest.

His boat never left the slip, but the ones that did couldn't out very far and got their customers beat to you-know-what on re-boarding the boats.

Sounds like good judgement in both cases.

How is he doing? Is he pretty well healed after his accident last year?

It is amazing that sometimes we praise the ops for going out and other times we villify them for "putting the dollar in front of safety".

fairybasslet:
How is he doing? Is he pretty well healed after his accident last year?
From what I gathered, he is doing better, but he is not 100% yet.

Capt Bobby is great, and his wife Brenda is darling. Didn't know he was hurt? Hope he does well... :)

deeper thoughts:
It is amazing that sometimes we praise the ops for going out and other times we villify them for "putting the dollar in front of safety".
I don't know the particular dive ops involved, but, generally, I rely on their experience to decide which days are diveable and which days would be a waste of time. Some times, it's a subtle difference and the better dive ops can make that call consistently and accurately more often than not.

Back
Top Bottom