Kudos to Seavision (and Discover Scuba)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
We bought a new Seavision mask last week and went down to the local lake for a test dive at the weekend. Somehow we managed to really scratch up the new lenses - VERY distressing! Possibly some grit got into the defog.

Anyway we took it back to the DS to see what they could do - no promises made. I assumed I would need to buy replacement lenses. The NEXT day we got a call "your new mask is here".

Seavision had overnighted a replacement mask - no questions asked. I was gobsmacked. You simply cannot get better service than that.

Thanks to Discover Scuba for sorting it out and Seavision for the first class response. :yea:

BTW - I'm not sure about the pink lenses - never tried them - but the yellow ones are great.

great mask. but, keeps fogging. probably need to toothpaste-off an accumulation of 500 psi residue.

rdunncpa:
great mask. but, keeps fogging. probably need to toothpaste-off an accumulation of 500 psi residue.

I have the same problem with constant fogging and I still use the anti-fog that came with the mask. I did use toothpaste several times for the skirt but not on lense. LDS said that toothpaste or softscrub will damage the lense. Any experience there?

yknot:
I have the same problem with constant fogging and I still use the anti-fog that came with the mask. I did use toothpaste several times for the skirt but not on lense. LDS said that toothpaste or softscrub will damage the lense. Any experience there?

No experience, but I'll call them. Wouldn't want to damage the lens. Will post result of call.

yknot:

Toothpaste & softscrub are NOT the same thing!

This is my 2nd set of Seavision lenses (due to prescription change, not damage); there is no problem using toothpaste on the polycarbonate lenses provided you do it gently with a finger and nothing else. Repeat until the lenses are "squeaky clean" after rinsing.

THEN any defog applied will work properly. BTW, no-tears shampoo (either full strength or diluted with water) works very well as a defog.

BTW, my husband also uses toothpaste on his Seavision mask/lenses with no problem.

DSDO,

rdunncpa:
No experience, but I'll call them. Wouldn't want to damage the lens. Will post result of call.

said NOT to use toothpaste; use warm soappy water to clean residue. said 500psi was as good as any. said trick was to have a clean lense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom