Kudos to the Ginnie Staff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
biscuit7:
Within Intro limits... Within Intro limits... Within Intro limits....

Where are all the dead cave divers on doubles diving within Intro limits?

R

there are several, in fact, as i understand, particulalry in the last few years

but even if there werent.... in fact, let's assume that there aren't...

changes nothing

still, you can't prove that diving singles is more dangerous than diving doubles

and that's still your burden to change the rule

Andy, a much better use of your time would be to remove the last few pages of this thread. Pretty much every post could be a cut and paste of a previous post that the poster has already posted previously. So what we have is a profundity of posts that the particular posters have previously posted, that perhaps possibly were not all that profound in the prior postings. Perhaps poor pontification?

you alliteration is allieanating my allowence of all-knowingness and almost alluding
to an alleged but all-together altruistic allieviation of all this aggravation

!!!

that's not the same as P having to go?

or having to go P?

I agree with the above posts.

I have two things to bring up.

First, someone recently suggested to me, while we were talking about the argument on the other board, that there should be two different PATHS to certification. One that is the cavern then intro cave diver path. The second, a completely seperate path, with different and more extensive requirements, is of the apprentice then full cave certification. The first would be for divers who only wanted to dive caves once in a while while the second was for those of us who intended to go on and make this a full time advocation. I agree with this whole heartedly! Single tanks for the first and doubles from the start for the second.

The second point was brought up by a pioneer of the sport at a talk here in cave country on conservation. He said we should design a hand out to be given to ALL divers who register to dive in state parks on what the MINIMUM skills are to start cave dive training. This would get potential cave divers working on the right skills before they seek the training!

I think BOTH these ideas have potential and should be discussed.

I realize that this is hardly going back 20 years and looking at every cave fatality, but I just did a quick flip through the http://www.iucrr.org accident list and found NOT ONE case of a cave trained diver that was diving within intro limits dying since the inception of the database in 1999. There was one incident that *might* have qualified, but all sources seem to be in agreement that the cause of death was a heart attack, so I see no reason to include that one.

R

H2Andy:
there are several, in fact, as i understand, particulalry in the last few years

Ok, Ill ask again where are you guys getting these numbers? Im not saying its not true I just want to see the site/paper. If several intro divers have died while sticking to intro limits, as Andy says, I’m surprised the agencies aren’t changing something.

Andy, you might be the only one here who believes that singles are safer, either due to someone’s claim that there have been no deaths on a single tank or for other reasons, but you CANT think its THAT much safer, or you too would be diving singles.

Its like a group of people arguing whats better a mustang or a Camaro...but they all own Mustangs!!!

GDI,

Thank you for reading the threads and keeping an open mind. Its easy to go w/ the flow and just keep the status quo. Even if nothing comes of this, the fact that it will brought up at the next meeting means I accomplished my goal, I cant ask for more. Thank you.

Chris F.

H2Andy:
or having to go P?
ah, you can't do that at the intro level. Not without a waiver anyway!

Cave Bum:
First, someone recently suggested to me, while we were talking about the argument on the other board, that there should be two different PATHS to certification. One that is the cavern then intro cave diver path. The second, a completely seperate path, with different and more extensive requirements, is of the apprentice then full cave certification. The first would be for divers who only wanted to dive caves once in a while while the second was for those of us who intended to go on and make this a full time advocation. I agree with this whole heartedly! Single tanks for the first and doubles from the start for the second.
It is currently set-up just like this, isn't that great! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom