Kuredu, Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JONATHAN A

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about a diving holiday in the Maldives in November and my local dive club are organising a trip to stay with Pro Divers in Kuredu. I haven't heard anything about this resort and would be interested to know whether anyone can give me any input ?

Otherwise is November a good time to be visiting the Northern atolls and what sort of fishlife could I expect to see ?

Cheers
Jonathan

Thanks very much for that link, certainly helps me, amusing to read the translation wording...

Jonathan

Further to my above message, I'd really really appreciate any feedback from anyone who has dived Lhaviyani atoll. Can anyone tell me the best time of year to dive this area - is November a good month to visit ??

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

November/December is the BEST time of the year for the Maldives. It's the driest time of the year and visibility is excellent. I've not had a chance to stay at Kuredu but I have stayed at their sister resort Komandoo. The dive base there is great, with warm and friendly people. I expect that it would be the same at Kuredu as they are also Prodivers. Check out these links if you don't already have them :

http://www.kuredu.com/
http://www.prodivers.com/

If you have specific questions, you can always visit the guest book at the Kuredu site. Have a great time.

Regards.

I've never been but have read a few books on traveling there... From the Bradt guide:

"The other established northern resort is Kuredhu in Lhaviyani Atoll and it is also the largest, having 300 individual chalets in a box-like holiday camp fashion (it used to be a camping island). The rooms have open air bathrooms and big bold numbers painted on the side of each patio to help guests identify their own chalet. The units run along both sides of the island with the public areas in the centre. Much of the vegetation is left as nature intended.
"The entrance to one bar bears the sign "Swimwear strictly forbidded'; this is a well organised resort, very popular with the yound diving fraternity, close to 3km/2 miles of beach and lagoon and more than 40 dive sites.
"There is a grill rest...." yada yada about the restaurants and a bit about other activities which I'm sure you'll have better information about from your group.

Last point, popular with Germans and Scandanavians.

That is about all they really say about it. But, I remember finding great information on the net about the resorts... let me check for some bookmarks...

Back
Top Bottom