Kyoto Treaty...The real reason it won't work.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bloomberg.com: Exclusive It's avante garde to jump on the new political/scientific football of Global Warming.

Gotta be the first time I've heard a 40 year-old theory be called "new".

However, this is the real reason that it will never work....$$$$$

Other companies have had different experiences. BP reported a long time ago that they managed to exceed their Kyoto requirements by increasing efficiency - at a net savings to themselves.

As an individual I've been able to reduce my personal CO2 output by over 50%. And its saved me a load of $$$ - on the order of >$1000/yr.

Bryan

I rather thought that it was because in Kyoto (and all over Japan, really), it's vogue to take a nap in your car during lunch hour and leave it running so your air con/heater works. That's a good six months out of the year times X number of cars...

Agree... nothing new, just far more conclusive evidence now. Heck, we were talking "global warming" without necessarily using the current moniker when I was in college... and that's practically back in the Medieval period.

Heck, we were talking "global warming" without necessarily using the current moniker when I was in college... and that's practically back in the Medieval period.
Me too. I used to have arguments with my Dad about it when I was still in my teens.

He's changed his mind now though! :eyebrow: (He'll be 80 next year.....)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom