LADIES--a BCD Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I give another vote to the Hera, love mine! It's in annual service right now, so I've been diving my hubby's Islander BC and miss mine soooo much. It reminds me of a BP/W in that the tank doesn't "sag" when you get it on. I strap my tank in, stand up, and the tank sits as high as it was when sitting down. With my hubby's (and lot's others that I have seen) when you stand up, the tank sags down a bit and sits a lot lower, I can really feel it in my back the next day from overcompensating.

I have a Tusa ladies BCD, It does have the velcro cummerband but its low enough to avoid the boobs. What I like about it, is, the shoulders are nice and narrow, so I dont have to fin, hanging my thumbs into my shoulders ( to stop my tank slipping around ) I guess the best advice would be to take all your gear to the shop ( s ) and try everything on. Its gonna depend a lot on your boob / shoulder size.

Back
Top Bottom