Lake Anna, VA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to live in Spotsylvania, and would love to come back up there and go Dive LKA. I will check back to see if you found any information on this.

I dive in the lake on the warm side to do boat maintenance, repair docks, retrieve items lost, etc.

I have boats and a waterfront house, but I am not aware of anything to see.

Visibility does improve to around 15 feet in the dead of winter. Water stays above 55 degrees or so.

However, based on my research, the area was cleared to stumps many back in the early 70's. When I browse the bottom, there is very little structure.

However, if anyone wants to get wet, I'm always up for a dive.

I can be reached at stevenbgross@comcast.net.

I'm leaving for Belize in 6 days and I'd like to check out some new equipment before I get on the plane. I have a house and a boat on the public (cold) side of Lake Anna and I have all my own equipment. But, the private side sounds like a more pleasant dive in late April. All I need is a buddy and access to the warm side. Would like to go Saturday 4/28 or Sunday 4/29. If you have your own equipment and want to dive from my boat. Or, if you have access to the private side and need a dive buddy, reply to bill-at-nwise-dot-com
Also, I'm wondering if there might be some shore-diving opportunities on the warm side of dykes 1, 2, or 3. Each of them appears to have a public road passing over it. If you could find a place to park, I'm sure nobody would object to a couple of divers hopping in. Dyke 2 would likely be the best best mix of decent water depth and mildest currents. The community of Both Waters is on one end of the dyke and Twin Lakes is at the other end. Anybody know the area well enough to add some comments?

Thought I'd bring this old post back from the dead, has anyone dove LKA yet? I live on the warm side, and have a boat so if anyone is up for some fall/winter diving in relatively warm water, let's go exploring!

In a recent discussion with some locals, there is apparently an old stone bridge that was "sunk" when the built the lake from where the road used to go. There is also supposed to be a number of large pieces of heavy equipment still at the bottom due to the lake filling up sooner then expected (thanks hurricane). I'm still researching and trying to find more specifics on location, anyone interested please contact me!

Cheers!
I live at the lake and am looking to make some dives, you still interested?
Thanks

I dive in the lake on the warm side to do boat maintenance, repair docks, retrieve items lost, etc.

I have boats and a waterfront house, but I am not aware of anything to see.

Visibility does improve to around 15 feet in the dead of winter. Water stays above 55 degrees or so.

However, based on my research, the area was cleared to stumps many back in the early 70's. When I browse the bottom, there is very little structure.

However, if anyone wants to get wet, I'm always up for a dive.

I can be reached at stevenbgross@comcast.net.
Still interested in diving the lake. I have some video before the water was there and might be able to locate some good sites?
Thanks

I'm out of commission till the new year due to having knee surgery back in oct. Anyone still looking to do this then?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom