Lake Dives Near Torrington CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MTeggi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone suggest good lake dives near Torrington. I am going to West Hill pond soon but was wondering about other spots.

Thanks
Mark

I dove in Bantam Lake, Twin lakes and Highland lake - not worth it! Most of a time bad vis and as soon as you pass the littoral, it is nothing but the muddy bottom.
Out of that the best were Twin lakes, but I wouldn't go back. Highland lake, I did during the winter, under the ice.
rgrds
Tomek

Thanks, I'll let you know what I find in West Hill Pond. I am hoping that with the lack of high speed motors on the Pond it will be clearer

bigelo hollow in union is always a good dive...the bottom is a gear superstore for masks and snorkels. my buddy actually found a pretty nice knife there. there is a submerged picnic table in about 15 ft of water where you can sit, crack open some mussels and feed the fish, its a fun way to end a dive.

Ty -

Where's the table? We're heading up Saturday with a bunch of people from E.S. if you want to come.

saturday i might be heading to jamestown and doing bigelo friday afternoon..if jamestown falls through ill talk to john and will def head to bigelo saturday

the table is off a trail from the parking lot. there is a picnic table right before you enter the water where you can put down your gear and get setup. the submerged table it its out and to the right. im not sure of the exact location i usually run into it while diving back in

Sounds like a fun time. I'll post here if my buddy and I go there over the holiday weekend or earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom