Lake jocassee conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can any one tell me what the tempreture is like at Jocassee in mid May (16th ish) aruond the 45' - 65' RANGE . A friend and my self are going to do some diving at about that time . Any insight would be welcomed

Thank you ken

Can any one tell me what the tempreture is like at Jocassee in mid May (16th ish) aruond the 45' - 65' RANGE . A friend and my self are going to do some diving at about that time . Any insight would be welcomed

Thank you ken

This is from my dive log for dives made at Lake Jocassee on May 17, 2008:

"The surface temperature of the water was 69 degrees, and the maximum depth at 42 feet was either 60 or 62 degrees, depending on whether I believe my primary dive computer, or the back-up. It felt closer to 60."

I live in the area and so far it has been cooler this spring than normal. It wouldn't surprise me if the water temps are a couple of degrees lower than last year in mid-May.

Back
Top Bottom