Lake Jocassee,SC, Diver's Ramp experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, woops on the not taking dpv's in there.... Totally did that and may or may not have pretended to be top gun pilots while doing it.... Granted, cave dpv certified, so we didn't think much of it

Just dove Jocassee boat ramp since 2006. There is a new dock at the ramp but too shallow to giantstride in. Water 78 at surface. First dive straight east till 40ft then turned north and followed slope to 80. Vis 30’. Temp at depth 75. Followed lines around to platform at 40’. 2nd dive south from ramp. Followed string around wall then over wall to 95’. Temp 73 at depth. Vis 30’.

Nice day diving. Want to follow rope from platform to depth tomorrow. The ramp is a good shallow water training area that does not silt up. Platform at 40’ is clean. However there are cables around. I wonder why no one is flying dive flags. Saw PWCs running in the floats and divers outside the floats. Should be flying flags.

I wonder why no one is flying dive flags. Saw PWCs running in the floats and divers outside the floats. Should be flying flags.

We're trying to lure them in....we have knives...and string..

Last edited:
Dove the ramp, yesterday. Went past the two platforms and trampoline frame to the boat at 60 feet. Surface temp was a balmy 61 degrees, and 56 degrees at 60 feet. Visibility was acceptable.

Dove the ramp, yesterday. Went past the two platforms and trampoline frame to the boat at 60 feet. Surface temp was a balmy 61 degrees, and 56 degrees at 60 feet. Visibility was acceptable.
Nice to see a recent report, could be the first Jocassee update of 2019 here on SB?
I can't handle those temps in my wetsuit, but looking forward to a few ramp dives next summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom