Lake jocassee temp yesterday 12/12/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where at in Jocassee?

Wow that is chilly!

I have not been there since Oct of this year, but I need to go get a dive in off the heated boat maybe after the first of the year.

Thanks for the update.

The swimming cove. Three others bailed on the heated boat, so I had only meant to walk in and check my new drysuit seams as the air temp. was 29 degrees. Then I saw how clear the water was, then I saw these diving birds.......etc.... so I entered @ the bathhouse and followed the cove (under the birds), over the main ramps and under the dock (which is cool because there is some rocky structure and you're not "supposed" to be there), then cut straight accross back to the entry point (break in the rocks). I had to get out after 57 minutes due to frozen (but dry) feet. No Rolexes under the dock and remarkably little trash. Jocassee is the civilized lake and really beautiful in the fog. I was completely alone and quite enjoying it.

Sounds like an awesome dive to me!

Jocassee has some nice dive spot.

I am hoping Santa brings me a dry suit, but I am not holding my breath. I am still diving wet.

Thanks for the info.

I guess they didn't tell you about Santa Claus ..............:shakehead:.............. Just dive off of the heated boat all winter :).

Last edited:
I am hoping Santa brings me a dry suit, but I am not holding my breath. I am still diving wet.

I wish. I dove wet two weeks ago of Bill's boat. that heater was great after being down off the wall.

Last edited:
I guess they didn't tell you about Santa Claus ..............:shakehead:.............. Just dive off of the heated boat all winter :).

What about Santa? :confused: Last year he was amazing! He left two slightly used scuba tanks under the tree and a whole bunch of new gear....:D....

I have been wanting to dive off the heated boat. That's just a long hike (2 hrs 1 way) for a two tanker for me. You guys must be closer to the lake than me and for that I say :mooner:!

However, when my [-]lungs[/-]gills start to dry out to much, I might just have to drive on up to the heated boat.:rofl3:

I wish. I dove wet two weeks ago of Bill's boat. that heater was great after being down off the wall.

I bet that heater felt good after that dive on the wall.:flame: Along with a big cup of :coffee:!

Sorry,but got bored at work and started playing with all the little smiley things. LMAO!:rofl3:

Last edited:
I only live about an hour away from Jocassee. We love Bill's boat because he doesn't mind us tech divers.
Yes, the heater felt great. I was standing a little close and my shorts started to steam. Someone started singing the Christmas Song...Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...I cracked up.

I only live about an hour away from Jocassee. We love Bill's boat because he doesn't mind us tech divers.

That is pretty awesome, being that close to good diving. We usually bring up the pontoon and camp at the park. I have never met "Bill" himself, I have been on his boat with Rocky once. I have also been tied up to his boat(Trip was Captain) a time or two before they put the second set of mooring balls on the Junk in the early spring. They(Off the Wall) seem to run a top notch shop up there. I have noticed Bills boat does have a lot of Tech divers on it. My goal is to make it into Tech diving one of these days. I am still just a rookie learning.

Yes, the heater felt great. I was standing a little close and my shorts started to steam. Someone started singing the Christmas Song...Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...I cracked up.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That's sounds like something I would have done. Singing, "Chestnuts roasting on the open fire!"

Well, maybe we will meet up there sometime soon on Bills boat. I will watch you go off the wall from my perch right above the back of the Junk.

Until then hope you enjoy some good diving.

Back
Top Bottom