Lake jocassee temp yesterday 12/12/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My goal is to make it into Tech diving one of these days. I am still just a rookie learning.... Well, maybe we will meet up there sometime soon on Bills boat. I will watch you go off the wall from my perch right above the back of the Junk.

Until then hope you enjoy some good diving.

Are you AOW? Not a problem if you're not, just curious. I would love to go dive sometime. Not sure how you feel about diving wet this time of year, but until I get a drysuit, it's all I can do to stay out of the water, even in the winter.

My buddy, Mike Billings, is a top notch instructor in the area. He teaches everything from OW to Deco and soon Trimix. :thumbs-up:dance3:

Are you AOW? Not a problem if you're not, just curious. I would love to go dive sometime. Not sure how you feel about diving wet this time of year, but until I get a drysuit, it's all I can do to stay out of the water, even in the winter.

My buddy, Mike Billings, is a top notch instructor in the area. He teaches everything from OW to Deco and soon Trimix. :thumbs-up:dance3:

:confused::confused:What is AOW? :rofl3::rofl3:I am kidding.

No, I am not aow yet. I have been diving only a little over a year. I have just been concentrating on getting some good quality dives in.

I actually only dive wet at this current time. I'm currently trying to decide weather to save money for a drysuit or the move up to aow. I try to dive once a month, even if it is only a one tank dive(at Lake Lanier). That usually helps me when my gills start drying out and I start think about diving in the bath tub. I am thinking of jumping on Bill's heated boat hopefully after the first of the year. I will let you know when we are thinking of coming up.

I will keep your buddy in mind. Is he with a shop up there or a independent? What agency/agencies is he with?

IMHO gear is nice, but without training it only goes so far.
Maybe Santa will bring that drysuit to us both. :xmas_2: I realy want one. Have you tried the Fusion by Whites? Bill demos them.
Mike is independent through his company: Clear Recall Dive Training LLC. He trains under SDI/TDI.
I saw that you have reached 200 dives. Very nice. I have spent more time on training than just uping my number. But I would love to go diving sometime. Let me know when.

IMHO gear is nice, but without training it only goes so far.
Maybe Santa will bring that drysuit to us both. :xmas_2: I realy want one. Have you tried the Fusion by Whites? Bill demos them.
Mike is independent through his company: Clear Recall Dive Training LLC. He trains under SDI/TDI.
I saw that you have reached 200 dives. Very nice. I have spent more time on training than just uping my number. But I would love to go diving sometime. Let me know when.

I agree that gear is nice and yes training is even better. That is why I am not rushing thru my training. My plan is not to go from zero to hero diving in the first few years. I believe in safety and responsibility first.

I have been bad this year so mine will probably not make it this year. I have not tried the fusion yet. Actually, I have not tried any yet in the water. I have only window shopped. My wife will not approve it in the 2010 budget yet.

I have only done about 55 dives so far. My goal for 2010 is to get in a hundred dives and dive year round(once a month).

Last edited:
My wife will not approve it in the 2010 budget yet.

I have only done about 55 dives so far. My goal for 2010 is to get in a hundred dives and dive year round(once a month).

My wife finally a approved my 2010 SCUBA budget: Cavern Training, Divemaster, a trip to Morehead City for a few wreck dives, Can Light, and my choice between doubles or a drysuit.

I only have 53 or 54 dives. I misread an old post about the 200 dives. I checked your profile and it says that you got trained about a month before I did. You have been lucky to dive all over. I have stuck to the lakes and did training instead. I hope to up my number of dives next year too.

Have you chosen an agency to train with or just keeping it in the back of your mind?

Anyway, have a Merry Christmas. I look forward to diving with you.

:focus:
Any one dive this week off the wall and know the viz and temp at say 60'?

:focus:
Any one dive this week off the wall and know the viz and temp at say 60'?

Temp today below the end of the main boat ramp (via the public bathhouse) was 54 degrees @ 50 feet. Viz was a little murky, maybe 30' to 40'. Last thursday temp was 56 degrees @ 50' . I missed the wall dive Sunday due to ice covered streets in Asheville. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom