Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent update. I have not seen the water that clear over there in a while. The water must have finished its flip.
The ramp opens up February 1st. I hope to be up there that weekend. Once I know, I will let you guys know.

Excellent update. I have not seen the water that clear over there in a while. The water must have finished its flip.
The ramp opens up February 1st. I hope to be up there that weekend. Once I know, I will let you guys know.

The viz was great for a cloudy day. I was amazed by the viz close to the surface. I have only seen people on the boat decks at about 10' from the surface. The upper water column was really clear around 20-25'. I could see the boats above me and Trip's silhouette standing on the boat. So it must have flipped! One of the tech guys said, "around 270' the viz was nonexistence."

I did not dare ask what the Temp was!:rofl3:

I know Bill was talking about taking the Tech guys going to the "hotel" when the water flipped back in about June.

50 degrees sure beats the < 47 degrees in Lake Lanier. Thanks for the report.
What was the depth on that dive?

I can not wait until:
I have a drysuit
Am certified on Trimix
Get to dive the Attakulla Lodge

Tony, would be interested in doing a dive once the ramp reopens? Ken, I would love to meet you too.

Ya that would be great to meet up some time and get in a couple dive with you . I am realy looking in to getting a drysuit after Saturday I think I have my wife convinced I need one The quetion is now when? Tony and myself get up to Jocasse a lot so we will have to set somthing up .

I am thinking in the morning at the ramp at Jocassee on February 6th. Maybe around 10am?
I will be diving wet with a single 120. If you both want to meet. Let me know.
If you want to look at a good drysuit, check out Lake Jocassee Dive Shop. You have already dove with Bill. He caries the Whites Fusion. I want it with the Bullet Skin.

I am thinking in the morning at the ramp at Jocassee on February 6th. Maybe around 10am?
I will be diving wet with a single 120. If you both want to meet. Let me know.
If you want to look at a good drysuit, check out Lake Jocassee Dive Shop. You have already dove with Bill. He caries the Whites Fusion. I want it with the Bullet Skin.

I am already out for the 6th of February. Sorry, but that is my week on call for the month. I still would not mind diving with you later on.

How many dives do you usually do at the ramp? It would have to be at least two dives for me to make that long hike up there. I have several ideas to try for getting warm on the surface interval. I will toss those around later.

I have a single 100 ready and filled. My second 100 needs to be 02 cleaned and filled. Do you usually dive Eanx? I have done very little diving around the divers ramp since being certified. Usually its to crowded for me during the summers. Now would probably be a great time to check it out.

We saw the Whites Fusion. It did look pretty sweet. Just getting the funds approved for it will be hard. My wife has the final approval. :rofl3:

My wife has just given me the OK for a drysuit by the end of the year, just can not get it now.

I normally dive Air. I carry a deco bottle with O2. I am deco certified, so I would not limit bottom time.

I might just go up there and do a few skills dives. Work on lowering my SAC and bettering my buoyancy. I might even test out a drysuit. We have time, even as it gets warmer.

I like the whites Fusion I am looking in to getting some fundes from my 4ol K and getting that one> Bill said that if you by the full tech setup from him. The drysuit training is free UNTILL THENI am looking around at all the other options . So fare the fusion is the one I like the most

I was also looking at the BARE HD Tech Dry, but it is more pricey.

What was the depth on that dive?[/QUOTE]

In Lanier Max Depth was 84'. The temperature did not differ greatly on the 1st from 83' or 1' as the thermocline was shifting, I believe it may be warmer at depth now than it is at the surface. I will let you know as soon as I get back in there.

Back
Top Bottom