Lake Rawlings for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know why the owners are not selling the land with the existing lease to Rawlings? Why not just change ownership and keep everything the way it is?

Millbrook gets away with a shed and a person standing on the side of the road. You probably don't need much more

LOL! Wow, aspiring to be like Millbrook!

Millbrook gets away with a shed and a person standing on the side of the road. You probably don't need much more

Yeah, but if they built a real restroom with showers, put in electrical hookups, built shelters, and installed lighting...only to one day have it disappear, the customers would be a little off-put by it. Although with Millbrook the lake itself is the off-putting part of the picture.

Lets not forget that the land itself is in no way worth $1 million...and is only priced that way because of the trade fixtures that make up the improved structures that are currently there. Its really a no win situation.

A better bet would be to run a year around 6 pax out of Virginia beach at a reasonable price. You would make a killing if Rawlings shuts down. 2 trips a day on the weekends, on a 30ft boat with outboards=low operating cost. It just has to be done the right way.

A better bet would be to run a year around 6 pax out of Virginia beach at a reasonable price. You would make a killing if Rawlings shuts down. 2 trips a day on the weekends, on a 30ft boat with outboards=low operating cost. It just has to be done the right way.
Depends on where you live. Fine for you, not so good for those of us from the DC area.

Does anyone know why the owners are not selling the land with the existing lease to Rawlings? Why not just change ownership and keep everything the way it is?

my guess is the liability is scaring away buyers I have seen old quarries sell for $500 because mining companies are spending $5,000 a yr in insurance. The $1m has to be a lot of land... I bet if you carved out the lake, access and enough room for parking you could get cheep.

I would definitely be up for the polar plunge, but an unplanned funeral came up for 1/17 so I won't be able to make that day. :( I really hope Rawlings sticks around.

Depends on where you live. Fine for you, not so good for those of us from the DC area.

Yeah but yall have Millbrook available, and Ocean City....both are closer than Rawlings, yet yall choose to drive all the way to Rawlings...Whats another 30 minutes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom