Lake Rawlings - Water Temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Heading to Lake Rawlings tomorrow. Can't wait an longer, even though I'm diving wet (7mm)!

Hopefully someone can/will post temps from today?

I will post tomorrow evening as soon as I thaw out!:rofl3:

We were there last Saturday & the temps ranged from 42 to 45 depending on whos computer you looked at.

Either way dry was the way to go.

Went to Lake Rawlings today! Air temp was 75. Water Surface temp was 49 degrees. 45 degrees at 56 feet!

Not really too bad (2 -30 minute dives in 7mm wetsuit/hood/gloves) fingers and lips were limiting factor as far as being cold! (Fingers more so than numb face/lips! Would have been about the same in Drysuit) I need better gloves but it was nice to be in the water!

Will be going back April 10th! SPRING and Dive Season are both now officially underway!

Went to Lake Rawlings today! Air temp was 75. Water Surface temp was 49 degrees. 45 degrees at 56 feet!

Not really too bad (2 -30 minute dives in 7mm wetsuit/hood/gloves) fingers and lips were limiting factor as far as being cold! (Fingers more so than numb face/lips! Would have been about the same in Drysuit)

Not with Dry Gloves.:cool2:
My face was a bit cool on 1st entry, but that went away quick.

Not with Dry Gloves.:cool2:
My face was a bit cool on 1st entry, but that went away quick.

Drysuit Divers always try their best to spoil the Delusion we WET Divers try SO HARD to brainwash ourselves with!

Maybe this year I will be able to purchase my DUI suit so I too can then harass the divers who still dive WET!

That's pretty funny. & I myself had that illusion (did several 40 degree dives wet) until I bought a used Whites drysuit for $100, the rest as they say is history & I now have a DUI CF-200 with ZIP dry gloves.
But not all of us are that easy, the Capt. of the boat we went out on last Saturday has a drysuit, but insists on diving wet. But after last weekend when he couldn't feel his fingers & I came out unfazed he might be seeing the light.

I cannot wait any longer, looking at going to Lake Rawlings this weekend. I have not been there before, but everyone keeps saying that it is good diving.

Are you able to solo dive or is it all buddy? I would like to go there with someone who has been there before and knows where to check in and the routine for diving up there. But, if no one is interested then are you able to solo or do they have others that show up there and can pair up?

My brother and I were dive buddies in Florida but I moved and have not found someone in the local area to dive with...yet.

Any interest or advice, I am listening...

Thanks,
Ted

Last edited:
My experience at Rawlings is they don't stand on the dock as the "buddy police" but their policy is you should dive with a buddy unless you have a Solo certification. If you are the only one there, as I often am mid-week or off season, then it is hard to conceal the fact you are diving alone. So, I went and did the SDI Solo course, and signed an additional solo diving release form (which you can get from SDI). That way, I am good to go regardless of whether or not I have a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom