Lake Rawlings - Water Temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weather is not going to be as nice this weekend (so it sounds). Their official policy that you sign on entry is that you will dive with a buddy. They will however honor a Solo Certified Diver Certification if you declare it at check-in.

Normally during warmer days, it is no real problem to ask around to buddy up with someone. I have done this for years.

Last Saturday, there was only myself, two drysuit divers and a 6-7 student OW Class.

There is a slim chance that I could meet you there on Saturday and make a dive or two (I'd need to leave by about 3pm though) I can let you know for sure in a day or two.

Are you diving wet or dry? I certainly know my way around there and can give you a pretty good tour.

Thanks for the background information about Lake Rawlings. I might look into the SDI solo course later just in case.

With the water temp I will be diving dry, gotta love staying warm....ok, warmer.

I am free either day and can meet when they open that morning to get an earlier start. I have a lot of flexibility in my day.

If you are able to buddy up with me I would appreciate it. I would like to try to get in two dives, but beggars can not be picky and I would be thankful to get any dives in this weekend.

Thanks,
Ted

UNFORTUNATELY, I will not be able to make this weekend. Primarily, The weather forecast for Saturday is just not going to be quite warm enough for me to recover body heat between dives (I diving wet remember!) Saturday is my Son's Birthday and I also have this stupid Government rule thing where they for some reason insist that I file my Income Taxes before April 15th! I better do the responsible, adult thing and stay home and start them!

You should be able to locate a buddy this weekend.

Good Luck and enjoy! Post the Water temps and about your experiences!

Hey, thanks for trying, I am glad that you will get to enjoy your son's birthday.

I can understand about the temp if you are diving wet, most of my diving was in Florida and enjoying the dive is also about NOT FREEZING! That is why I got my dry suit. Maybe some other time we will be able to dive.

I think that others are not interested due to the dip in temp for Saturday, so I might have to do taxes this weekend as well. I was putting it off till I got one more tax form, which came in the mail today. Since I am going to be diving in the Bahamas over April 15, the wife has told me that the TAXES MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE I GO!

If anyone is interested in going on Sunday...I have not ruled out the option...

Thanks,
Ted

I'll be heading out there this weekend, my fiance is doing her OW dives there...hopefully the water temp won't change her mind!!! haha

As of last Wednesday it was 49 in the hole @67 feet (according to my computer). The depths where OW students would be 90% of the time were in the low 50's. So if I were to venture a guess you'd see mid 50's above the rock wall. I'll be out there Wednesday so I'll update then.

I was there last wednesday, March 31st. Temps were 49 at surface, 47 at 60 feet. It was really warm that day, and has been since, so I think it likely has warmed up a degree or two since then.

Good week for me last week: Aquarium dive on tuesday and Lake Rawlings on wed. Now I just have to get out on a boat and I am set!

Bobby, me must have almost bumped into each other! I was driving the black 2 door cherokee(big guy wearing a BP/W) I was with the group in the shelter by the porta potties.

Agree, we must have walked by one another. I did notice your group. I was diving solo, slinging a 19 pony. Next time I am headed that way, I'll let you know. Probably will be a while though, hopefully the boats out of VA Beach will start running when I have days off.

Yeah hit me up next time you head out there. I'm trying to make Wednesdays my "practice days" there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom