Lake Tawakoni?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allen42

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of any diving available on Lake Tawakoni? The family is camping there over Memorial day weekend, and I wondered if it'd be worth it to pack my gear.

It's obviously not a hotspot, as I've heard nothing about scuba there, but hey, it's wet. Any shops near enough for fills?

If you're that close, try CSSP just down the road. That'd be worth packin' your gear for. I hear Tawakoni is kinda dirty for diving, but never been there.

"Dirty Diving"? Hey, I may be on to something here! :eyebrow:

sealskin98:
If you're that close, try CSSP just down the road. That'd be worth packin' your gear for. I hear Tawakoni is kinda dirty, but never been there.

I'm at CSSP a good bit throughout the summer (was there just Saturday). I'm just looking for something to do at Tawakoni.

I've heard people say they wouldn't even WADE in Lake Tawakoni, much less swim or scuba dive there. I believe the word that came up most often was 'filthy'....

..even by Texas diving standards. It is muddy muddy water!..I believe the catfishing is pretty decent though, if your into that.

Thanks everyone. Not really looking forward to the trip. Anyone know if there are power hookups at the tentsites?

Any boating allowed? Marina to rent boats?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom