Land-based diving holidays - how many dives per day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The keys are fairly unique in the way the trips are organized into the morning and afternoon 2 tankers. I started my diving in the keys and expected the rest of the world to be similar but found it was not. Most are just the morning 2 tank dives as the only offering. Some places offer a bonus 3rd tank like Cozumel. Others are regular 3 tankers. Others are simply set up for morning 2 tank or afternoon 2 tank but no way to do both due to logistical reasons.

One of the exceptions is Stuart Cove's in Nassau. Can do 2 - 2 tankers most days.

One the guys that goes to Bonaire in my group trips gets irritated if he can't do 6-7 dives a day. He starts with a pre-breakfast dive, ends with a night dive, and stays wet in between.

Take a look at your 32% tables. You can dive all day (55 min dives to 60 ft, with 1h SIs) without exceeding any limits. It is even easier with a computer so you don't have to assume a square profile at max depth.

Considered a short live-aboard like the Fling out of Freeport, TX, or one of the California boats? Cram a lot of diving in 2-3 days, then back on land with family.

yeah, it's not a nitrogen issue. It's a boat scheduling issue. I've just had a hard time finding places with boat schedules that allow for a morning 2-tank dive and an afternoon 2-tank dive. Maybe I'll try shore diving sometime if I'm somewhere where it's easy. But for now, I think I'll stick with places that have good boat schedules. That, or maybe try to find a 3-day live aboard. Are there many of those around?

The keys are fairly unique in the way the trips are organized into the morning and afternoon 2 tankers. I started my diving in the keys and expected the rest of the world to be similar but found it was not. Most are just the morning 2 tank dives as the only offering. Some places offer a bonus 3rd tank like Cozumel. Others are regular 3 tankers. Others are simply set up for morning 2 tank or afternoon 2 tank but no way to do both due to logistical reasons.
Kona allows 4 dives a day, at least with Jack's. There are limitations, some of the cooler dives don't line with the afternoon dives up so you might need to be on the basic dive boats if you want to do 4 dives a day. Though they have a night dive that leaves late, if you have gone through the mandatory briefing already you can probably do the advanced dive trip and the deep water night dive.

That, or maybe try to find a 3-day live aboard. Are there many of those around?

Look into the MV Fling out of Freeport, TX, and out of California the Truth Aquatics boats. I've also read of one I think's called the Specter that seems liked. Gotta get ready for work....

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom