Largest cubic ft tanks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
are worthington HP130's the largest tanks on the market? What is the cubic foot if pumped up to 4000psi. What would be the cubic ft of 119's(actually 123 CF) pumped to 4000psi?

Heiser 190 cuft is the largest that I know.

Heiser 190 4400 psi buoyancy -46.86 lbs empty -62.3 lbs full

130cuft. .Xcuft
------- = --------
3442psi 4000psi

Finding the value for X is left as an exercise for the reader (or a 5th grader).

Last edited:
Actually I think Heiser makes a 190, fills to 4400 psi and about 62 lbs.

are worthington HP130's the largest tanks on the market? What is the cubic foot if pumped up to 4000psi. What would be the cubic ft of 119's(actually 123 CF) pumped to 4000psi?

If you need bigger go doubles and take the redundancy!

So how much is a 130cf pumped to 4200 psi? I sure have no need to carry 159cf in a single, as my buddies dive HP100's or HP120's. If doubles are needed then we dive doubles. 240cf is plenty of air for any non deco dive.

Faber makes or has made a HP160 3442psi DOT/TC tank. It weighs 48.8 lb and is about 31" long and 8" diameter.

Actually, the Heiser 180 is 63.2 lb. negative full in sea water. The dry weight of the tank is 87 lb.

Heiser 190 cuft is the largest that I know.

Heiser 190 4400 psi buoyancy -46.86 lbs empty -62.3 lbs full

130cuft. .Xcuft
------- = --------
3442psi 4000psi

Finding the value for X is left as an exercise for the reader (or a 5th grader).

...maybe it's just me, but I think it's a little scary that someone with 500 - 1000 dives is having to ask this question.......:shocked2:

I was just asking a question. I'm sorry I don't have your extreme expertice on all aspects of diving mr scubafanatic but if you spent all the time that it takes to make 1413 post, underwater then you may not know every math formula either. You should get off the computer and go diving instead of talking about it. Thanks everyone else, Bell47

...maybe it's just me, but I think it's a little scary that someone with 500 - 1000 dives is having to ask this question.......:shocked2:

It could be worse. it could have been a Commercial diver, dive instructor(NAUI), dive shop technician.:shakehead:

No worries, it's called algebra.

a/b = c/d (one of the crazier math formulae)

Wicked complicated stuff.

:)

I was just asking a question. I'm sorry I don't have your extreme expertice on all aspects of diving mr scubafanatic but if you spent all the time that it takes to make 1413 post, underwater then you may not know every math formula either. You should get off the computer and go diving instead of talking about it. Thanks everyone else, Bell47

Back
Top Bottom