Largest cubic ft tanks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Faber makes or has made a HP160 3442psi DOT/TC tank. It weighs 48.8 lb and is about 31" long and 8" diameter.

Actually, the Heiser 180 is 63.2 lb. negative full in sea water. The dry weight of the tank is 87 lb.

I have the new Faber 3442 psi tank and love it. I think it is rated at 149 cu-ft not 160 cu-ft. Maybe they make an even larger tank?

Any way, the tank I have appears to be pretty much identical to the older 125 cu-ft fabers that were rated at 125 cu-ft at a 10% overfill pressure of 2640 psi. When picking up the tanks I can not tell the difference (I have two of the 125 cuft tanks)

It is a useful tank, but I wear zero lead with a thin suit and i am still a little negative, but it is not ridiculous negative like some of the heiser tanks, that i consider hazardous.

I've dove a 149cf in the pool for the fun of it and unless you are about 6'7" or taller that tank is way too big.

Yes, Faber does make a tank for the US market that is larger than the FX 149.

The FX 149 has an internal volume of 1159 cubic inches and the largest one has an internal volume of 1220 cubic inches. Both are 3442 psi.

14000%20gallon%20air%20tank%202.jpg

I use double 10,000s for my cave dives. :D

I've dove a 149cf in the pool for the fun of it and unless you are about 6'7" or taller that tank is way too big.

...I agree....I used to own a pair of single Faber LP 120's...it was pretty borderline for me @ 5'8"....not to mention heavy...on the dive bench I had to lean forward as the tank was too tall/long for me to really sit straight with it....and I never dove them from a tossing/heaving boat, which I imagine would have been pretty ugly....although I'm a big fan of larger capacity steels, and own a bunch of them, I drew the line at my HP 120's and HP 130......or Faber LP 108.

It could be worse. it could have been a Commercial diver, dive instructor(NAUI), dive shop technician.:shakehead:

That IS funny. Seems like the P-brand is always asking me(NAUI) how to figure certain things. They were never taught the concept of "absolute" in the first place.
ROFLMBFAO

Why has no one asked the OP why he wants a cylinder with this much capacity?

Why do you want a cylinder with this much capacity, and why do you want to overfill a HP cylinder?

I don't think I want to know.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom