Las Vegas man dies in diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stop speculating - that is not what happened

It's what we do, I'm sorry. At some level, I think we want to know that an incident like this can't happen to us. We speculate that the victim has engaged in some behavior that we are trained to avoid in order to negate our potential risk and justify the risks we do take.

Sometimes, we are looking for something we may have overlooked in our own procedures. It's how we survive.

Sometimes, we are rubbernecking.

Please accept my condolences on your loss and my apology for what must seem very insensitive and ghoulish. I can't imagine the impact of reading such a thread under the circumstances.

Is there something we can do for you? Is there an answer you are looking for or are you here to squelch the speculation? It's not pleasant and it's not necessarily right, but it's what we do. I'm sorry.

that technical diver who died on february 10 was my man - his buddies were there - they did everything they could -

My sincere condolences for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

It's what we do, I'm sorry. At some level, I think we want to know that an incident like this can't happen to us. We speculate that the victim has engaged in some behavior that we are trained to avoid in order to negate our potential risk and justify the risks we do take.

Sometimes, we are looking for something we may have overlooked in our own procedures. It's how we survive.

Sometimes, we are rubbernecking.

Please accept my condolences on your loss and my apology for what must seem very insensitive and ghoulish. I can't imagine the impact of reading such a thread under the circumstances.

Is there something we can do for you? Is there an answer you are looking for or are you here to squelch the speculation? It's not pleasant and it's not necessarily right, but it's what we do. I'm sorry.
i apologize - i know why you do what you do - mike would have done the same thing for the same reason - so i apologize - it's just really hard - it was the first time i realized that so many people were talking about him - he was an excellent diver and safety was of the utmost importance to him - he was rigged properly - there was no problem with the gas -

i apologize - i know why you do what you do - mike would have done the same thing for the same reason - so i apologize - it's just really hard - it was the first time i realized that so many people were talking about him - he was an excellent diver and safety was of the utmost importance to him - he was rigged properly - there was no problem with the gas -
Absolutely no need for you to apologize. I can't think of many worse situations to be in than what you are going through. I would imagine you will have questions that can never be answered and that must be extremely difficult.

While I have no illusions that there is anything that could be said at this point to ease your pain, there is a thread that might help you make sense of a senseless loss.

Here it is: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/123910-if-i-should-die-while-diving.html

As divers, we all share in your loss and hope you find closure.

Absolutely no need for you to apologize. I can't think of many worse situations to be in than what you are going through. I would imagine you will have questions that can never be answered and that must be extremely difficult.

While I have no illusions that there is anything that could be said at this point to ease your pain, there is a thread that might help you make sense of a senseless loss.

Here it is: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/123910-if-i-should-die-while-diving.html

As divers, we all share in your loss and hope you find closure.
he would have had it no other way, thank you

Back
Top Bottom