Last-minute research - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey folks! I'm so excited.. I just picked up my PADI and Universal referral cards for my upcoming trip in two weeks time!

I'm doing some last minute checking before booking a dive shop for my checkout dives. I've got a few places I'm potentially leaning towards in Coz, but none of the shops I know in Coz is allowed to pick up anyone in PDC (which is where my friends and I are staying. We can take a ferry, no problem, but I have little to no information on the shops in PDC itself (other than Akumal, a bit further south)

Before I book a shop in Cozumel, can anyone offer any opinions on their experience or knowledge of the following shops in PDC:

Tank-Ha Dive Center
Club Nautico Tarraya

I'd appreciate responses as soon as possible, as I'm hoping to book a shop this week (we are leaving very soon... yippee!)

Hi Rocketgirl,

I just sent a message to ayesa. She lives down in Coz and can probably give you some solid information. Hopefully, she will be along shortly.

Hi rocketgirl,

Have dove with Tank-Ha since PDC was a backwater fishing village. They do a fine job. Can also personally recommend SeaFari. Not familiar with Club Nautico Tarraya.

BTW, no Coz operators are going to pick you up in PDC because it's a ~20 mile trip each way & water can get rough.

Have a great time down there.

DocVikingo

PDC has a number of other operators that you can probably deal with/checkout when you are there.

don O

There are many choices in that area that are exellent. There are also some real horrer stories,but I wouldn't let those put a damper on your plans. I always check for PADI certified shops when I'm unsure although I have dove with Aquaworld in that area many times with very favorable results. The only complaint I have heard about them are from very experienced divers who don't like thier close supervision.

Rocketgirl,
I see you posted this 2 months ago, and said you were leaving in 2 weeks. How did it all turn out?
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom