Last run of CHEAP discontinued Canon housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a canon powershot A590IS and can't seem to find the model housing for this one. I am not sure if the DC-16 for the A720IS or the DC-18 for the 650IS would work. Or am I just out of luck here? Any advice?

And Amazon has a couple of inexpensive offerings, A720IS for only $120 and A570IS for just $199.

The A570 is a terrific camera both above and below the water. This is the camera that I have used, with the Canon housing, and have taken some great shots with just the on board flash. Full manual controls with AA batteries. Check Craigslist and ebay, you should be able to find on for under $100.

Darnitol, I was thinking that the SD870IS would be the best camera...but its case, the WP-DC17s is only good to 100 feet...the other cases are good to 130 feet. Darnitol.

Thanks Bob, researching now.

I've been narrowing down my choices one by one all night! :wink:

On the other hand the SD750 can be had a little cheaper (refurbed) and seems to have better specs.

Darnitol, I was thinking that the SD870IS would be the best camera...but its case, the WP-DC17s is only good to 100 feet...the other cases are good to 130 feet. Darnitol.

I've enjoyed & would get the A570...some of my pics with it are in my sig below, take a peak...

WOW, some awesome shots!!!!!

Can anyone tell me, in Canon models, what the "IS" means?

Diver85, did you use an external flash or did you just use the onboard flash?

Diver85, did you use an external flash or did you just use the onboard flash?

IS = Image Stabalizer, NOT useful UW though.....

I use no external strobe, just the flash of the camera when necessary......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom