Last run of CHEAP discontinued Canon housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's about time for bed and I need to make a decision. I narrowed it down to these five:
  • A570IS, recommended and the only one of the five that takes AA, but maybe not robust enough? Need to get from Amazon or other.
  • SD1000, lots of good reviews, cheap refurb from Canon
  • SD750, probably the one I'll end up with, cheap refurb from Canon
  • SD770IS, good reviews, cheap new from Canon
  • SD900, good refurb price for ten MP
I think I'll go get final stuff ready for tomorrow's dive then come back and check out my cart. Right now if I go with the SD750 I am getting an awesome camera and housing for about $225 SHIPPED. :D

UGH, can't decide...more or less between 750 and 570 at this point, they both have features the other one doesn't have. The 570 will cost more in the long run. I can finish the purchase tomorrow night and meanwhile I'd love more input! :)

Tom, why do you prefer the As over the SDs?

Tom, why do you prefer the As over the SDs?

Full manual control, and aperture and shutter priority and program modes as well. Manual flash, multi tasking, uses AA batteries, fast shutter response, reasonably fast recycle and write cycles, rugged and durable, shoot good pics, excellent for underwater use, work well with several popular strobes from Inon and YS.

N

Hey is anyone here? I pretty much have to buy this thing pretty soon. Now I am between the A570IS and A630. the A630 is going to set me back more bucks (OMG I did not budget for this) but it seems the flash is quicker and that could be really important.

If you have a 570 camera, that is the one. N

I don't have a Canon camera, that is what I'm trying to decide before I buy the housing. This is a tough choice, the A630 also seems to take closer photos, nice for macro? I'm just trying to decide if it is worth the extra $100 to me.

OK, I pretty much have to click "buy" now to get the extra discount...going to go with the A630, can't afford it, but the housing is on backorder so I do have time to save up for it. :D

It is done! Thanks everyone for your help. I learned a little more about what to look for. I didn't have a lot of computer time this weekend, and this was a sudden buy, so it wasn't easy to make the decision. I ended up getting the case for the A630. Now I have time to hunt down my best price on the camera.

I wonder how long it will take for this to be poured and assembled? Hopefully before my Nekton Pilot trip in August...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom