Late evening / Early morning bag drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A suggestion to keep in the back of your mind, in case you arrive in PDC after the last ferry to Coz with no Plan B: Casa Melissa. Its a small hotel literally steps from the ferry, and the front desk is staffed all night. Happened to me this week. Luckily, my very helpful Best Day shuttle driver got on the phone with his office, and found me this hotel. The price sheet showed rooms starting at 850MP, but the clerk said they weren't available. My room cost 950MP. It was small, but clean and secure. In the morning, I left the hotel at 6:30, and made the 6:45 ferry with time to spare.

Update: Last Saturday I got into the Cancun airport around 7:30 PM and did not feel like rushing to catch the 10PM ferry and not getting to bed until after 11PM so I grabbed the ADO bus to downtown Cancun. I got a $27 room via Expedia at the Hotel Kin Mayab and was in my room by 8:30. Walked out the back to the park 2 blocks away and had a nice enchilada plate with soup and a drink for $50MXN. The next morning I woke early and walked across the street and caught the 0500 bus to Playa. The 0500 bus did not stop at the old terminal by the pier but at the new station about 10 blocks away at 0615. So I walked out front to the line of taxi's and 5 minutes and $40MEX later I was at the terminal by the pier. By 630 I had a ticket on the Barcos Caribe 0645 ferry and was on the Cozumel pier at about 0715. Plenty of time to walk to my dive shop and catch the 0800 dive.

"Plenty of time to walk to my dive shop and catch the 0800 dive."

Wow, 45 minutes from arrival to dive boat...impressive !

Gopbroek,

Thanks for the early/late Cancun information .

I'll be using this option flying out of Cancun. I'm aware this thread is dated over a year ago. It appears hotel Kin Mayab has closed. Do you have any recommendations for another hotel close to the ADO terminal in the same price range?

Thanks

I have used Hotel Hacienda del Caribe a couple times. Using an online booking site it was under $40 including tax. It is one block north of the bus station right off a side street. Nice and clean, just no elevator but there is help available if needed. I would say it was a slight step above Suites Bahia in quality.

I have also used the Hotel Parador which is across the main road and 1/2 a block down from the Kin Mayab.
The Hotel Parador is relatively cheap and not near as nice as Kin Mayab. In reality its pretty rough but all I am looking for is a cheap room for a few hours. If the price is close I would use the Plaza Caribe, I have always heard good things about it.
A hotel / hostel named Selina Cancun Downtown seems to be at the address also listed for the Kin Mayab. The rooms no longer look the same on its website but it definitely has the same pool. Suspect it was acquired and remodeled with possible additions from an adjoining property.

Last edited:
Hotel Plaza Caribe is across the street from the ADO terminal.

We stayed there last year after missing a flight out. There are cheaper ones in the area but we only paid $55 walkup so reasonable and very convenient. They have a clean pool and small clean rooms. There's a small shop beside it to get snacks and drinks.

Back
Top Bottom