Latest conditons and sightings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
what are the water conditions and what is everyone seeing lately?

Wet, and I'm seeing snow at the moment unfortunately.:cool:

what are the water conditions and what is everyone seeing lately?

Just finished 3rd day of diving, water has been 82 and flat seas with very little wind. Seen all the usual suspects and some extra eagle rays and reef sharks. Did Baracuda today with barely any current.

Awesome conditions. One thing I did notice with first dive today is a lot of jellyfish floating around towards surface. Most of them the small ones but did see a few man-o-wars. Those were awesome to watch from a distance but had 8 to 9 feet long tentacles which would suck if you got hit.

Gorgeous as always.

Tame currents today. Calm surface. Sagasum is washing in north of town, haven't seen any further south. Dive computer showing 83°/82° down from 84° last week°.

DSC_6628-01.jpeg

Plenty of jellyfish near the surface. Saw a couple eagle rays in feeding in 10ft of water. One huge tuna and a nice school of ~50 big jacks. Nurse shark cruising the wall too.

DSC_6804-02.jpeg

Color/saturation as seen with mask. Deco stop up north a couple days back.
DSC_6320-01.jpeg

(photos unrepresentative of the things seen, I never have the camera on me when the amazing critters drop by)

We usually travel to Coz in July. I am excited that we will visit in early January 2019! I will only get in 2 days of diving. What are the chances that I will see eagle rays?

just a reminder. if anyone is interested in doing a Dive Report for the radio station. Send me a message here, or e-mail me at: cozsharktank@att.net and i'll walk you through it. It's easy, and can be done on your phone.

if you work for or own a dive op. 1.) I'm looking for someone interested in do them on a regular basis. 2.) I will allow you to give a plug for your dive op in the dive report.

individuals: you can do them by yourself, or get your dive buddies involved.

The Eagle Rays are out now in numbers so you will be at a good time. Ask your dive op to plan in a dive at Canterell Wall. However you can see them anywhere, it is just luck.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

The Eagle Rays are out now in numbers so you will be at a good time. Ask your dive op to plan in a dive at Canterell Wall. However you can see them anywhere, it is just luck.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Thank you! You are always a great source of information"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom