lauderdale/pompano conditions??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a list of just about every thing here in South Florida you can dive. The Towers are a fantastic dive. There were originally 3 towers set about 100 feet apart. Hurricane Andrew did a number on them back in the early 90's and now there are only 2. The deeper one sits in 114 feet of water and rises to about 65 feet. The nice thing about the towers is that while the different levels of the tower make it an over head envirnment the sides of each tower are wide open so there is always a way out. The fish number in the millions and on a sunny day the light shining through the floor grating of the levels above you dances all around as you glide across the bottom surrounded by schools or fish.

It's one of the most beautiful, peacefull and enjoyable dives I've ever done. I've dived it 20 or more times and still love doing it. It's one of the best IMO.

Scott

Dive Site List

Thank you Padipro!:)

We'll need to call around find out what boat is going and what day they will be doing it. Pro Dive was doing the Towers today, Wednesday, so I don't think they'll be going there again next week.

Anyone have any suggestions on a boat in the southern part of Broward or North Dade that might be headed that way? Of course for me to go it's going to have to be Wednesday or Thursday.

Scott

... have turned around and for the last 36 hours the beach has been calm as a lake. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon or tomorrow morning at the latest. If this west wind continues we'll have a good weekend, looks like.

Too bad I can't retract my previous posts... hey, I'm not a REAL weatherman, I just play one on Scubaboard!

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
... have turned around and for the last 36 hours the beach has been calm as a lake. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon or tomorrow morning at the latest. If this west wind continues we'll have a good weekend, looks like.

Too bad I can't retract my previous posts... hey, I'm not a REAL weatherman, I just play one on Scubaboard!

Mike,

Let us know what the vis is like if you get wet today.

Scott

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom