Lavacore as Undergarment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajduplessis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is anyone using the Lavacore range as drysuit undergarment? What are your views?

I was going to do this but I have just the vest and not the shirt. Therefore I didn't think it was worth doing until I had the shirt.

I have used the full suit as an undergarment while diving in temps the mid-60s and up. It works perfectly and kept me comfortable diving the channel islands off California.

@Jak Crow: Trilam or Neoprene suit with the LC? Do you use anything else with it? How long do you dive in mid 60 water? Would you recommend it?

I used it with a Whites Fusion drysuit. I just had a rash guard under it. Dives were 45 - 60 minutes. It'll get damp as an undergarment, but I would recommend it for the temps I stated. Plus you can use it under a regular thermal undergarment for additional warmth in colder temps.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be using it in conjunction with my current thermal protection.

I replaced the jacket part of my whites Mk II with a long sleeved Lavacore vest underneath my jumpsuit and love it. It's much warmer and gives me much less bulk on my arms so better comfort and mobility. On the first dive I tried it out I was flushing my hood for the first 15 minutes of a dive because I was getting hot. This was in average False Bay conditions in Cape Town. Definitely worth it.

I've got a shirt coming and I'm keen to try it, it should work for temps between my MK1 and my fourth element arctic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom