LCBR Dive Schedules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sullivan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have been to GC to get our OW and AOW (both in November 2009 and 2011), then went to Bonaire (2012) and had a great time shore diving -- primarily enjoyed the schedule flexibility. We are very interested in going to Little Cayman; but are a little concerned on early boats. Can anyone give me feedback on breakfast times/boat times, etc.? Are they too early for some folks?
I apologize if this seems silly, but sometimes I'm looking to sleep in a little; but don't want to miss the reason of the trip - diving of course.
Should we consider going back to GC and reconsider LC at a later time.

Thanks for any feedback.

Look, if you are taking a vacation for the diving it doesnt get any better in the Caribbean than LC. The top of the wall is at 20 feet in places and there is nearly no current, you can't really get lost and the viz is really good, as well as the marine life. I've been to more places than you may ever get to, do LC at least once in your life, don't chicken because you want more sleep. You can do that when you get older...like my age.

The red sponges are plentiful...
File0102.jpg

File0177.jpg

File0245.jpg

File0110.jpg

I think the boat times vary with the operators. We dove with Conch Club Divers in 2010. If my memory serves me they were the first ones out and our pick up at Paradise Villa was 7:30 with the boat leaving around 8AM. They left from the same dock as the Dive Op at LCBR and I think that op left around 8:30. I agree with the previous comment. You are making the trip to LC to dive one of the top spots there is. Get up at whatever time it takes and take advantage of the great diving. You can always take a nap in the afternoon. If boat times are a big deal, I suggest checking directly with the ops. You will not find the same flexibility that you find in Bonaire. I think there are three ops in LC and they all do two tank am dives and 1 tank pm if there is enough interest. But again you are going to dive bloody bay wall and making the effort to get there. Who cares what time you have to get up and going.

I can only comment on LCBR and echo what others have said. The boat times at LCBR are fairly consistant and are tied to the meal schedule. 8:30 for the morning dive is about correct. Breakfast is at 7. Lunch is basically ready when you get back from the morning dives; you have to get moving if you want a shower first. But who cares! You will be stunned by the diving, which is perfect for all levels of divers depending on how you dive the sites. You can go off in buddy pairs on your own or follow the guide for a tour and then explore. Best dive breifings in the Caribbean with a nice sketch drawn of each dive site on the boat's board. Little if any current most of the time.

There's not much in the way of nightlife other than a friendly group at the bar; no need to stay up too late, and every possible reason to make the boat the next morning. The food is excellent at all meals. I don't recall many folks missing the boat in the morning; even my daughter who was 17 the last time we went there and the world's latest sleeper (even compared to most teens) made it up every morning in time for the boat (but not breakfast). It was yoo much fun to miss! I'll be back at LCBR in about 3 weeks and can't wait. Safe diving!

I'm very definitely not a morning person, but have never had an issue making the boats at LCBR (or breakfast beforehand.) Or on any dive trip, really. This is helped by the fact that I tend to crash early on dive trips instead of staying up late as I usually do.

Your not going to want to miss breakfast.....or lunch......or dinner....

You can sleep in and catch the afternoon boat (1 dive) but I would try to do all 3 dives. You can always catch an afternoon nap. In fact, I highly recommend the nap, it's life changing

The times above for LCBR sound about right. As I recall, the boats tended to leave closer to 8.15 if everyone was aboard. I think Pirates Point has a more laid back schedule with only one long dive both AM and PM.

I would forgo the sleep in for the great diving. You can sleep when you're dead.

I am totally not a morning person. It would usually take dynamite under the bed to get me up early. However, I have never had a trouble with LCBR's schedule. The sound of the tanks getting loaded onto the cart to be taken down to the boats is the perfect wakeup call that tells me I am about to spend another day in paradise. We typically make it down to breakfast at about 7:30 and are on the boat around 8:15. As was said above, Conch Club leaves from the same dock, so they go out around 8 to avoid crossing up with Reef Divers.

All this talk about the LCBR schedules got me looking at their website. Looks like they have a nice special for August. I have a question for those who have stayed at LCBR. How are the rooms? I see the choice is poolside or beachside. Can't really tell what they look like from the photos. We don't look for fancy but like clean and quiet. The poolside seem fine but I see they are two story and seem closer to the pool. Are they noiser and do you hear noise from through the walls on the adjoining units or from above?

The beachside rooms are quieter if there is something going on at the bar, but that's not often. Mostly some people complain about karaoke night. They are also larger, with room for a desk and sitting area in the room plus a private patio or balcony which is nice. They also have a bit of a kitchenette area (frig/microwave/sink) that you probably don't need, but makes a handy camera station. :wink: I think the rooms are fairly recently redone and are pretty nice. (They're quite good there about maintaining and upgrading the place continuously.) I assume the poolside rooms are redone similarly as well, but haven't looked in one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom