lds a rip off ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel90512

Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash my lds but Mass diving prices are
crazy .......

I found the mask they sold me for 89$ @ leisurepro for
35$.....

man I feel like I got ripped off big time.... and there BCD are over 600$
I Love the guys there and I took my OW class there but
I feel like the prices are over the top on most things...

Gabe

Gabriel90512:
I'm not trying to bash my lds but Mass diving prices are
crazy .......

I found the mask they sold me for 89$ @ leisurepro for
35$.....

man I feel like I got ripped off big time.... and there BCD are over 600$
I Love the guys there are I took my OW class there but
I feel like the prices are over the top on most things...

Gabe

Leisurepro and your LDS give slightly different things, some of which may not be useful when buying a mask....

Not sure, in addition to bashing the LDS, if you should perhaps be looking inward, for not shopping ahead of time. :banana:

Do you bash one car dealer because their price is more than one you can find on the internet?

But, there are definitely some deals to be had on the internet, if you look around...

They probably have a greater fixed overhead to cover.

They may sell 5 BC's per week, LP will probably sell 500.

Your LDS probably has a compressor to fill tanks, LP doesn't.

You're wading in waters that have been muddied for the longest kind of time and "discussed" (the term, discussed, is, at best, a polite euphamism) to the "N"th degree.

I'm sure for your LDS it's nothing personal, just business. They know what their inventory turns are and what percentage of markup they require in order to keep the doors open and put food on their families tables.

Hey, support you LDS, we can't all be buying from the internet stores.............

ShakaZulu:
Hey, support you LDS, we can't all be buying from the internet stores.............

i do .. i have spent about $3000 there over the last 90 days.

i was just a little sticker shocked when i went looking at
the on line prices......

i want my lds to stay open .... but i wanted to know y
the BIG price difference

ShakaZulu, I know the big dig has screwed some things up... but you got lost in Boston!

Yes, I have noticed that Mass Diving can often have higher prices than other brink n mortor shops in the area. However, they do have a very nice facility and very good inventory. It's all a trade off.

Buyer Beware. Research ahead of time. Remember the dive shop employee (or any salesman for that matter) is there to sell dive gear, not protect your best interests.

ShakaZulu:

Interesting thought! But I really don't see why we couldn't.

Yeah, yeah... LDS vs. Internet. We've heard it, and there's a lot of discussion both ways if you want to look it up.

Support your LDS is nice and all, but when there are several LDSs in the area it's worth shopping around and seeing what you like and don't about each. Check out this thread for some other opinions:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=31292&s=

Amazing how no one ever asks or seems to care about how LP acquires the gear they sell they only care that they can get it cheap. Not all LDSs are out to screw their clientel over. I would find a shop worthy of your support and shop with them before hitting LP.
LP is not an authorized dealer for most of the gear they sell. so you are getting cheap but you aren't getting any manufacturers warranty coverage on the gear. Oh you do get LP's warranty. right.

RIDIVER501:
so you are getting cheap but you aren't getting any manufacturers warranty coverage on the gear.

On the other hand, if you save $300 on a piece of gear, you can afford to have it fixed a few times even without warranty coverage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom