Leaky Mask help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The struggle is real. When my mask starts to leak, I shave. I was told however that Vaseline works as a sealer.

Another opinion. I somehow "lost" my 5 yr old mask between my April and August trips. I have a feeling a certain significant other misplaced it and it's stored in a place only a woman would have put it. :D

Either way, the new mask is amazingly comfortable and now I am thinking I should replace my mask every 5 years.

I can identify with your struggle. My facial hair is non-negotiable, too, so shaving it off is a great way to end up a single man! So when I'm not diving my FFM, i.e. when I'm DMing a class, I shave the very upper part of the 'stache under my nose to give the bottom of the mask skirt something to "adhere" to. So far I don't ever seem to have any leakage. But I did just recently buy a new mask (SEAC Italica) and have yet to make a dive with it so we'll see what happens. But if you want a sure-fire solution that will leave you never worrying about mask leakage (or fogging for that matter), FFM is the way to go

48536299782_c11a9cc152_b.jpg

48536151921_164e1d7b1b_b.jpg

But if you want a sure-fire solution that will leave you never worrying about mask leakage (or fogging for that matter), FFM is the way to go

And just like that, new thread on leaking FFM with beards in 3...2...1

Back
Top Bottom