leaky valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not all people have the mechanical ability to change a flat tireWould you really want to encourage that person to rebuild a valve?

"Daddy, can I have a bicycle, please?" The response, "No, son. You could fall and break your neck or get run over by a car or go too far away from home and get lost..."

And it is easier to rebuild a valve than to ride a bicycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a bunch of chest beaters.I did not say I could have not serviced my own equipment.The point was you can kill yourself doing it. However based on your comment,I will sell my mako compressor,haskel pump, homemadePPo2 meter,also extra sensors, pots and displays tank roller,o2cleaning supplies, ,various rebreathers(including the one I built useing plumbing fittings and hdw. parts and the russian rigs) double hose reg,Including the one I used for certification.the east german triples,can't be hydroed to play with it only fill to 1500 ps,its safe MOST OF THE TIME.The fill whip and orphen O2 tank are cheap,inspection light w/transformer

What would you call a device designed to keep you alive at 140 feet.Its no officious its just the truth.Know what happens when an improperly installed,improperly sized,nicked or wrong material causes the seal to fail under a 3000 psi load.How about Putting a rubber O ring with silacone to be used with nitrox reg? What about screwing up the burst disc they are rated for different pressure.Not all people have the mechanical ability to change a flat tireWould you really want to encourage that person to rebuild a valve?

I would rather trust myself to rebuild my "life support" then the shop flunkie making minimum wage at the local LDS. just my .02 cents:eyebrow:

What would you call a device designed to keep you alive at 140 feet

I would call it my brain. I use it to exercise good judgment and safe practices while diving that include being able to deal with equipment failures. BTW, one those safe practices would almost certainly not be diving at 140ft without 2 tanks. (I'm not criticizing those who would do this, I just would not.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom