Learning to dive in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iasius

New
Reaction score
Hi all, my partner and i are spending a few months in south east asia in the new year, and a part if that will be learning to scuba dive before we go to the gold coast in Australia. I am posting this to ask if anyone has experiences any of the schools/instructors in Thailand and can recommend any? We're both complete beginners. Many thanks!

We'd recommend Koh Tao, but then we are a bit biased :wink:

On a serious note though, if you find that it ends up on your itinerary, feel free to contact us for advice or information :)

While I am sure there are great dive instructors all over Thailand, I have been quite please with Poseidon Dive Center in Krabi Ao Nang. Danny and his team are great instructors and take the time as needed to make sure you get the training you need. I wandersome and will continue to dive all over the world, but for training I will return to Poseidon.

I learnt to dive in Thailand last January. I suggest you do the theory part of the course at home. It will give you more time to study and absorb the material. One of the last things you want to do in Thailand is spend a bunch of time in your hotel room studying.

you can do your theory part online as brnt999 suggests & even the confined training with a local dive shop if you have one, it will save you time in Asia but will cost a little more & you miss the social side of training with your group. Once you've chosen a location, yes there are a few here, look on trip advisor for feedback or ask fellow travellers when you get to Thailand for uptodate info.

I had the same experience as the_bro above in Thailand with Aussie Divers. Highly recommended.

Maat1976

My nephew is on his way to Koh Tao and wants to get certified. What dive shops would you recommend? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom