Leaving from Miami on 11/23 with NCL. Need Scuba Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelAsg

Registered
Reaction score
NCL has no Scuba excursions so we are kind of on our own. These are the ports we are going to be

11/25/2011 Samana/dominican republic 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
11/26/2011 Road Town/Tortola 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
11/27/2011 Philipsburg/St. Maarten 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
11/28/2011 St. John's/Antigua 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
11/29/2011 Roseau/Dominica 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
11/30/2011 Barbados/Bridgetown 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
12/1/2011 Basseterre/ st kitts and nevis 1:00 PM 7:00 PM

I dove in St. Thomas and BVI a few times, but never in those locations. What would you recommend? Which locations are worth trying to find anything?
Any diving shops you could point us too? Any good experiences or stay away?

Thanks in advance for any info or note!

Michael

If you are going to use a dive ops in Barbados, I would recommend John Moore and Dive Barbados LTD. He is on SB as Sculpin.

If you can arrange to get tanks with him as well, the best shore dive is Carlisle Bay. Have fun.

Hope these might help:

Dominica: Dove with Nature Island Dive off a cruise. This was at least five years ago, so things may have changed, but they ran a good operation and the diving was spectacular. Went for a 2 tank in the morning, then did another 2 in the afternoon and still made it back onto the ship. I've wanted to go back to Dominica ever since.

St. Maarten: Pro Dive. Taxi from the cruise dock ($6 each way I think). There were quite a few divers so my buddy and I ended up on a six pack boat with 3 open water students (cruise ship crew) doing their checkout dives. DM let us do our own thing while he worked with the students. Nice, chill dives. Afterwards, we had lunch at a bar across the street, watching boats come in the channel while we ate fried fish. In the past, I did a cruise ship excursion through Ocean Safaris but I think they still get a lot of cruise ship contracts so they could be very crowded.

St. Kitts: Dive St. Kitts. They picked us up right outside the cruise ship dock and we joined the land based divers. The dive sites were relatively close so we came back to shop in between dives to pick up/drop off people. Again, they did a good job I heard good things about Pro Dive, but for some reason they couldn't fit us in.

I can't comment on the other locations as I haven't been there. I would not miss the diving in Dominica - I have been dying to get back there. St. Maarten and St. Kitts are pretty similar so if you are limited maybe just pick one of them?

Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom