LED 5 Torch Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSchoular

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing backup lights for my bp/w set up and was looking at the new LED5 torchs. The question is, is there an attachment point at the back of the light for a bolt snap? I have not been able to see the back of the light in any pictures i have come across.... Also, what do they retail for?

I'm looking at purchasing backup lights for my bp/w set up and was looking at the new LED5 torchs. The question is, is there an attachment point at the back of the light for a bolt snap? I have not been able to see the back of the light in any pictures i have come across.... Also, what do they retail for?

Thanks for your questions.

Yes, there is an attachement to the rear of the light. It comes standard with a lanyard, however this can be removed if you wish to attach a boltsnap instead. MSRP is $110 and they are in stock now!! :D

Any chance we can get a picture of the back of the light? Has anyone seen these in a store or online? I haven't been able to find anyone with these lights on their website. Am I looking in the wrong places? I would also be interested in a review of these lights if someone has been able to take one diving.

I found the following video surfing through youtube:

.....scubaboard wont let me post links yet, however a youtube search of "3w rat vs. hollis LED3 torch" will produce the video in question.

It compares the Hollis LED3 Torch and the Salvo(Now Light Monkey) 3W backup light.

Am i correct in assuming that the LED5 torch has a similar beam to the LED3? According to the Hollis website they're both 8 degrees, although the LED5 has better burn time, lumen output, and i'm assuming it would be brighter and penetrate further.

It would be nice to see a video like this for Hollis's two new lights....

I just bought a new Hollis LED5 today. I did a side by side comparison to the new LED Scout light and the hotspot on the hollis was brighter and tighter with less spill. The attachment point is at the end of the light and is no problem to thread cave line through to attach a bolt snap.

I'll try to do a video in the next couple of days to show it compared to the Hesser backup light as well as a Ikelite PCLED light.

Great video, thx.....

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom