LED 500 v's LED 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, true... The DR did seem nice, but it was a bit more "red" than I thought it would be.

That was the light coming through your eyelids:D

I got a chance to use my LED 700 again. I dove the cave with Eduardo at Vortex Springs. We made it about 100 - 200 feet from the end at 149' fw. He was using and older halogen and led the dive. I was behind til we turned and was very impressed. It lit up the whole cave (small cave) and was very even. On the way out it went quite a ways. I thought I was sold on it, but now I am sure. Good job Dive-Rite. For a solid cave diving light.....this is it. :D Mark

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your question. Any black metal MR11 can get converted to LED700, but not grey metal. The grey metal is an older style light.

Just send in the light head/lid, no need to send in the whole light.

Get in touch with us re an RMA. I hope you'll love the diving the upgraded light!

Best,
Ag

Got my # and sent the light in. Looking forward to it.

That is a great price that you have on the light too. I just bought a used MR11 for a good price and planned on upgrading it when the bulb is gone, but at almost $100 under MSRP, by the time I pay for the upgrade and shipping, I could have had a new light from you. Oh well, next time I guess.

We have had to change our online prices to reflect MSRP but you can call us or p.m. me for special Scubaboard discounted prices on this and all of our prices. We just added the HID 1000 to our on-line store. Shop at your convenience, anytime, free shipping on Dive Rite lights.

Note: The LED 700 is backordered at Dive Rite and won't be shipping until next week.

Larry

in referance to battery life, mine seems pretty strong to 5 hrs and will go out completely in around 8 hrs.

im towards the end of the intial cycling of the batteries and am very impressed with the quality and light output of the 700 led

brett

I bought an LED300 when they first came out. Can I buy the LED700 lighthead and retrofit it to the LED300 body/battery pack? If so, how much would the lighthead be? Thanks

It is a different diameter (larger) than the MR-11 and LED700 (which use the same body in the light head), so I doubt DR can do it.

They could probably upgrade your 300 to a 500 however. That would be worth doing as with the advanced in bright white LEDs the 300 has become old tech.

Frankly, I have switched to Princton Torrents for back up lights as they are brighter and a bit more focused than the DR, are only around $70, are a bit smaller and shorter and also use 8AA cells. The 500 LED however with the cord option still makes a decent can light for travel/spare purposes.

I bought an LED300 when they first came out. Can I buy the LED700 lighthead and retrofit it to the LED300 body/battery pack? If so, how much would the lighthead be? Thanks

Hi there, as above the two are diff, BUT DR has just released a handheld LED700 which IS the same as your LED300, they will be able to swap those out but at what cost, given the battery cannister is only plastic and the main part of the light is the head I would imagine the "swap" would cost almost the same as a complete 700. Cheers.

Thanks - the handheld is the one I have and am interested in. So the lighthead is interchangeable between the 300 and 700 handhelds?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom