left hand menus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Suddenly I have these quite annoying menus on the left hand side of my screen. They eat up a lot of room and make the screen feel very lopsided. I would like to hide them but can't figure out how...help please?

lamont:
me too.

tends to mess up all the formatting, very annoying...

I agree. Time to flog NetDoc.... Don't like it at all.

One of our ongoing problems has been too many styles with too many minor devations, as we try and streamline things we are going to be moving towards a sidebar system, right now the sidebars in place are a big wider than desired but this will be changing in the near future so please bear with us.

As much as I value your feedback and promise to take it into account there is simply no way that our site can remain top-bottom only navigation with the number of sections we have and will grow into in the near future. Our plans call for a very thin sidebar of about 150-180 pixels (the current ones are over 200 pixels plus whitespace), this should cause little disruption and give you maximum viewing space. Our goal is never to interfere with your viewing of the board but with several thousand users coming to the site every day having a clear navigation structure is vital to the operation of the site.

As I mentioned before, the sidebars you see now are not forever, if you can not use them try switching to the vBulletin template style with the quick style chooser found in the bottom of any page, the vbulletin style is an original board style and does not feature anything on the side nor will it do so until our new layout is completed.

For the time being I have recreated a template with no sidebars, please understand that this is a temporary template until we get our new layout in place. Our goal for our new layout is to utilize sidebars but in a smaller and less obtrusive manner, we will try and accommodate users who do not like sidebars but so far there seems to be very few ways to accomplish our goals without them.

Tech Admin:
For the time being I have recreated a template with no sidebars, please understand that this is a temporary template until we get our new layout in place. Our goal for our new layout is to utilize sidebars but in a smaller and less obtrusive manner, we will try and accommodate users who do not like sidebars but so far there seems to be very few ways to accomplish our goals without them.

Not everyone has a huge monitor; some of us use laptops with small screens. Even 180 pixels squeezes the usefull part of the site.

Instead of diver's mask squeeze, we now have monitor squeeze.

Ditto on the small laptop screens. Right-justified screens are ugly unless they're in a frame, because of the white space below them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom