legend 2nd stage vs titan LX 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
any real world/noticeable difference? reading through the specs doesn't tell me there is.

The Titan LX and the plain Legend (not LX) second stages are identical except for cosmetics. Actually, the cracking adjustment knob of the Legend LX can be added to the Titan LX second stage.

thanks...the reason i ask is i have an opportunity to buy a legend lx reg but not sure if it's a big difference from my titan lx.

BIG difference in the 1st stage between the LEGEND and TITAN.

No difference in the 2nd stage between the LEGEND and TITAN.

Depends on what you define as a "big difference". Yea they look differnet but their internal parts are the same, just arranged a little different....and the same as a SEA. There is no functional difference.

Actually there is a big difference in perfermance at extreme depths due to the overbalanced feature of the Legend first stage over the Titan LX. However, you don't notice the difference until you exceed around 165 feet.

Actually there is a big difference in perfermance at extreme depths due to the overbalanced feature of the Legend first stage over the Titan LX. However, you don't notice the difference until you exceed around 165 feet.

That is more sales BS than a useful feature. The IP of the reg inceases a little more than on the Titan (about 10%) but you will never notice the difference, esp since both have balanced second stages.

Actually, the basis of your reply is on the wrong part of the regulator that the original poster asked about.

He asked about 2nd stage performance. (not first stage). Just FYI.

No worries though... Welcome to Scubaboard. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom