Leisure Pro Short Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep them posted with all the requests, but no word of any change yet.

Brett

I realize it may be small potatoes for you guys, but I spent almost $1000 last year on parts for myself and some other divers. Plus I spent almost another $1000 on other gear that I purchased form sources that are willing to support me with parts.

Brett, one thing I didn't like at the store was there was no place to try on wetsuits and it seemed the selection was far more limited than at the Warehouse in NJ.

That was my only negative. Otherwise the store is great.

Brett, one thing I didn't like at the store was there was no place to try on wetsuits and it seemed the selection was far more limited than at the Warehouse in NJ.

That was my only negative. Otherwise the store is great.

If you need something, just ask and they will bring it to you or have it brought from the warehouse within a day or so. It's simply impossible to have everything on hand in NYC as space just doesn't allow it. After all, they do have to keep it all in a warehouse because they have so much stuff. Nonetheless, I have experienced the, "that model is in our warehouse" line so I understand.:wink:

The changing "room" is located next to the bathroom on the right hand side about halfway back. Unless it was moved or done away with since I was last there. Anyone?

Happy diving!

If you need something, just ask and they will bring it to you or have it brought from the warehouse within a day or so. It's simply impossible to have everything on hand in NYC as space just doesn't allow it. After all, they do have to keep it all in a warehouse because they have so much stuff. Nonetheless, I have experienced the, "that model is in our warehouse" line so I understand.:wink:

The changing "room" is located next to the bathroom on the right hand side about halfway back. Unless it was moved or done away with since I was last there. Anyone?

Happy diving!

We even added a second larger changing room a few months ago, for busy times and for people who feel a little cramped by the smaller room in the store. In regards to store stock vs. warehouse stock, unfortunately we can't have multiples of sizes and colors for every suit in the store, it's just too many things. This means that some items will be out of stock for a few days while the warehouse replenishes them, but as scubadobadoo said, we will be happy to have it transferred in for you. We do our best, but even with a stock room that is much larger than the store we just can't fit everything in. Also, in the event that we are out of something in the store that you are looking for, we will ship it to you from the warehouse with free shipping (within the 48 contiguous united states). Of course if that Item does not fit you are still eligible for our PFF program where we will pick the item up from you and ship you a different size free of shipping charges.

I never thought of a dive store having so many wetsuits that they needed one of those electric hanger rail systems like the dry cleaners have.....
There used to be a dive shop in our area that had leased an old dry cleaner shop. They had their rental stuff on the moving rack system. It was pretty cool.

Nice video! I've ordered many things from LeisurePro and thought it was great to see the store... I mean, other than online, ha!

We even added a second larger changing room a few months ago, for busy times and for people who feel a little cramped by the smaller room in the store. In regards to store stock vs. warehouse stock, unfortunately we can't have multiples of sizes and colors for every suit in the store, it's just too many things. This means that some items will be out of stock for a few days while the warehouse replenishes them, but as scubadobadoo said, we will be happy to have it transferred in for you. We do our best, but even with a stock room that is much larger than the store we just can't fit everything in. Also, in the event that we are out of something in the store that you are looking for, we will ship it to you from the warehouse with free shipping (within the 48 contiguous united states). Of course if that Item does not fit you are still eligible for our PFF program where we will pick the item up from you and ship you a different size free of shipping charges.
Oh man, I thought I was going to make you guys a larger changing room when I tried to get in and then out of a bit too small 7mm suit :)

In regards to store stock vs. warehouse stock, unfortunately we can't have multiples of sizes and colors for every suit in the store, it's just too many things. This means that some items will be out of stock for a few days while the warehouse replenishes them, but as scubadobadoo said, we will be happy to have it transferred in for you. We do our best, but even with a stock room that is much larger than the store we just can't fit everything in.

When the difference re: stock is a known fact for most divers who have followed the boards for a while, I’d have to say that the video is somewhat misleading for a new customer when it comes to your shop. Maybe you could improve it on that part to be more realistic. The video depicts the shop to be huge with endless supply of goodies. This indeed is not the case like you yourself say too.

I myself was extremely pissed when I as new and uninformed diver visited LP the one and only time. I hate driving on Manhattan, and boy was I surprised when I stepped into the shop. It was small and there was nearly nothing I could “take with me” or try on, and I could not go to the warehouse either. Your strength is in the pricing and amount of stuff but don’t make it look like the stuff really is in the shop like this video tries to do. Spell it out clearer and you end up having even happier customers.

Thanks for the video. All my gear is 100% leisurepro. On my way to leisurepro.com to buy some more!

Thanks for the great store and customer service.

Brett I talked to you a few times on the phone, you are a very nice and understanding, Knowledgeable.

Good to see you post, And your effort to help the dive community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom