Leisure Pro Short Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THAT WAS NOT ENUFF! TOO SHORT! how about a more detailed video showing difference categories etc.

I have purchased stuff from this site and I knew this was the best internet operation. I didnt know there was a dive store that you could go to if you were in NY.

BRAVO!

When the difference re: stock is a known fact for most divers who have followed the boards for a while, I’d have to say that the video is somewhat misleading for a new customer when it comes to your shop. Maybe you could improve it on that part to be more realistic. The video depicts the shop to be huge with endless supply of goodies. This indeed is not the case like you yourself say too.

I myself was extremely pissed when I as new and uninformed diver visited LP the one and only time. I hate driving on Manhattan, and boy was I surprised when I stepped into the shop. It was small and there was nearly nothing I could “take with me” or try on, and I could not go to the warehouse either. Your strength is in the pricing and amount of stuff but don’t make it look like the stuff really is in the shop like this video tries to do. Spell it out clearer and you end up having even happier customers.
That's marketing I guess. I agree it portrays the retail store in a very favorable light, let's say. Kind of like heavy makeup in a dimly lit restaurant. It doesn't bother me much though.

I would have thought the price of parking in Manhattan would be the big surprise.

When the difference re: stock is a known fact for most divers who have followed the boards for a while, I’d have to say that the video is somewhat misleading for a new customer when it comes to your shop. Maybe you could improve it on that part to be more realistic. The video depicts the shop to be huge with endless supply of goodies. This indeed is not the case like you yourself say too.

I myself was extremely pissed when I as new and uninformed diver visited LP the one and only time. I hate driving on Manhattan, and boy was I surprised when I stepped into the shop. It was small and there was nearly nothing I could “take with me” or try on, and I could not go to the warehouse either. Your strength is in the pricing and amount of stuff but don’t make it look like the stuff really is in the shop like this video tries to do. Spell it out clearer and you end up having even happier customers.

While I actually do agree a little bit, isn't this kinda like tugging on Super Man's Cape just a tiny bit?:wink:

I have never personally been in ANY dive shop with much gear in stock or at a warehouse for that matter. 99% of the time I walk into most dive shops and they have three BC's and they are all one brand.

Now I do agree that it is a pain to find out that what you want is at the warehouse but realistically this has happened to me at Best Buy, Target, and other stores. It's just impossible to have everything in one place UNLESS you have a large dive shop in say massive Texas called Scuba Toys.:wink: And even they don't have a catalog as massive as LP's.

I think the mistake most people make is trying to compare LP to their LDS or to others. The two just aren't the same. They are filling different roles in the same industry. No matter what LP does to personalize business face to face, they will always be an internet store first and foremost. There is some good in that and some bad and I believe LP realizes this and that is why they are taking some steps to at least be a little more personal. Nonetheless, their business model will always favor internet sales and for very good reason. $$$$$$$$$$$$$:wink:

Piiki,
I think you may not have gotten an accurate idea of what we have available in our store for you to "take with you". As I mentioned in my previous post we have a stock room on location that is at least twice the size of the store. If you are looking for something there is a good chance that it just isn't on display in the store, but within a couple of minutes we can have it in your hands for you to touch and try on. All we do is order the item up from the stock room and they bring it to you. I agree it would be great to have everything out for all to see, but in the city with the most expensive retail space in the world we just can't fit everything in.

THAT WAS NOT ENUFF! TOO SHORT! how about a more detailed video showing difference categories etc.

I have purchased stuff from this site and I knew this was the best internet operation. I didnt know there was a dive store that you could go to if you were in NY.

BRAVO!

I hear that the next video is going to be much longer and will hopefully give everybody a better idea of who we are, or of course you can just come visit us in the store.:)

Piiki,
I think you may not have gotten an accurate idea of what we have available in our store for you to "take with you". As I mentioned in my previous post we have a stock room on location that is at least twice the size of the store. If you are looking for something there is a good chance that it just isn't on display in the store, but within a couple of minutes we can have it in your hands for you to touch and try on. All we do is order the item up from the stock room and they bring it to you. I agree it would be great to have everything out for all to see, but in the city with the most expensive retail space in the world we just can't fit everything in.

I am only reporting my first hand experience as per visiting your store. I came with desire to try and buy several things, as did the diver I was with. I looked around and when I did not find the items I asked the guy. He was able to find me one 3mm suit to try on, and said that was the only brand he had in my size in the shop. I needed boots but all boots were sizes Yeti. I was sure I was going to score Jet Fins at least but there was only one pair - XXL - too far off for me to even get an idea what size I would need to order. My companion wanted a computer, same story, could not find the model he wanted in the shop.

I was very-very surprised - I indeed was so surprised I went behind the first guy's back and got myself another sales rep. You know, just in case the first one was somehow a little unwilling to work with me. Nopes. I did not get the items because I could not find them. They weren’t on location I was told. Well, unfortunately I could not make no free shipping orders because I needed to try things on. (The try-on free shipping does not work between brands anyhow and as a new diver you do not usually know what brands you fit). I would have liked to know how things were beforehand.

Pikki,

Wow, I am very surprised to hear that we were out of so many things you wanted. I figured you just didn’t see them on display and thought that meant that we did not have them in the store. I guess that wasn’t the case at all, but thankfully situations like yours don’t happen often. We have something like 1,300 wetsuits in stock at any given time and I checked today we have 20 pairs of jet fins across all the sizes. I am as surprised as you that we were out of so many things when you visited the store, but I hope in the future we will get a chance to have everything you are looking for and then some.

Excellent video Brett.

Who we kidding I shop at Leisurepro when I am in NYC & want gear and I live in another hemisphere.
The price is good.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I just wanted to give a little update and let you know that the next video is in process right now. We just had another day of shooting and now it's time to edit, get approvals etc. I'll let you all know when that one is available.

Great video, I always wondered what the operation looked like in one of those click and mortar shops:D BTW, I ordered some items from LP, should be arriving on Thursday:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom