Leisure Pro vs. Other Internet Retailers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I am (obviously) a scubaboard member and was not offered any discount, even when I mentioned the fact that I was an SB member in an e-mail - or am I missing something?

I'm also a registered member of the ST site (and hence their forum) - but didn't realise (read) that I had to post in order to qualify for a discount/GC; so thanks for that info

The 10% discount is normally given with telephone orders. Ask for the discount. I did not know about the discount on my first internet order and SCUBAToys credited over $30 for my next telephone order. 10 posts-$10GC and 250 post -$50GC.

It may have been a "lack of" communication in getting all the information from ST as in any written exchange along with some misunderstanding.

Anyway I have said this before about LP and ST. My family has had only good experience with Adorama and LeisurePro since about the 1980s. I have had great deals from both LeisurePro, SCUBAToys, and Dive N Board, Concord LDS the past year in upgrading my gear.

Generally speaking, I avoid doing business with places that only ship USPS for items that really don't need to ship that way for no good reason - since almost EVERYONE tries to screw people in Alaska on shipping (it's a very comment rant for people up here), I make an extra effort to reward those who don't. Having to call and ask for USPS shipping instead of having it as an option on the website really doesn't cut the mustard, esp. since most of the time I am in the mood to order something it is at the wee hours of the morning when most places are closed.

On a related note - since FedEx and UPS don't deliver to a PO Box, I have to have the packages held at the terminal then go get them - which is just added PITA - so whenever possible, it's just another reason to prefer USPS.

And that's just it - most of the time, it could take two months for all I care. It is exceedingly rare that I need something in 2 or 3 days. If I do, I'll just source it locally :)

I can appreciate that, and on our check out screens, there is a special notes section - and if anyone ever need special shipping considerations, they can jot a note in there. It's just we have had many, many problems with USPS - but due to customer requests, we still ship out about 20 packages a week with them at the request of the customers.

And as far as the discounts - we actually set up someones file, then it gets automatically applied when we process the first order - and then the discount applies to all future orders as well.

Glad you were able to get what you needed though, and sorry we were not able to help you out this time, but would appreciate the chance if ever looking for more equipment.

well some addresses UPS doesn't serve. Like APO boxes.

Some places for example FedEx Ground doesn't serve (but UPS does, as does USPS).

So sometimes if you're in a "beyond point" for a shipping agency, you don't have much choice to change shippers.

Of course they are in it to make money - and I am sure they still make money with a 10% discount, or they wouldn't do it

In the end, they lost the order by not giving me the discount, because their shipping cost made them more expensive without it - so I don't see how that's helping the business to make money

It would have been my first order from ST, so they would have gained themselves a new customer as well

Instead I'm on here whinging about it /shrugs

Anyway, I'll shut up now :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom