Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a small potato for LP to eat. They allow for that in their pricing. A similar thing happened when I returned a golf driver to Costco. No defects, I just did not like it. I used it 3 weeks, got a full refund, and it went in the dumpster.

We pay for every warranty we get. It is not a gift from the merchant.

YOU should be ashamed. You returned a product for a full cash refund after using it for three weeks because you decided you DID NOT LIKE IT? Childish, self centered and rude behavior. YOU stole from Costco.

Huh? If this report is taken at its word, how was this suit in any way frivolous? Paramedics DO NOT stop resuscitating victims, and the DO NOT have the authority to declare them dead (for the very reason that, as happened here, they get it wrong).

Actually, you are wrong in this case. I'm a career paramedic and it is within my protocol to cease resucitation in the field if I feel that the efforts are futile. We have a protocol that we have to follow in order to do so, but it can be done and is done more often than people realize. It's not uncommon for me to provide efforts for 20 minutes and then stop the efforts. The treatments provided prehospitally are the same as what is provided in hospital.

Now, from what little of the actual case is presented through this article I probably would not have ceased efforts. There are a few reasons for this.

First, the incident happened in a public place. It's a touchy situation when you withhold or cease efforts in public view.

Second, due to the victim's age they are probably a good candidate for possible organ donation.

Third, depending on water temperature they have an increased chance of survival. This is a unique case as opposed to someone involved in a car accident or a random medical event. As such, it should be treated differently.

So while I do agree that their deicision to cease efforts was not apporpriate in this case, it's also inapproriate to make a blanket statement about a profession which you seem to know little about. Few people know what it really takes to be a paramedic, and even fewer really know what a paramedic can and can't do. It's a problem even within healthcare of other providers not knowing what a paramedics limitations are (or aren't).

Shane
NREMT-Paramedic

If I were LP, in order to avoid this problem and I don't know you or your qualifications to service your own equipment, I would not sell you parts either. But that's just my opinion and you are surely welcome to yours. Now, I'm off to the fridge, I hear Mr. Miller needs my attention.

Sounds like if you were LP you wouldn't be in business at all. They readily sell scuba equipment not knowing if you are qualified or trained to use it. Exact same situation if not worse in terms of liability. I would think an even greater liability risk is them servicing your reg even though they are not an authorized dealer for the reg and the manufacturer publicly states that their regs are to be sold and serviced from authorized dealers only.

LP has the right to sell or not sell whatever they choose for whatever reason, but the "liability" excuse doesn't hold water, in my opinion.

Actually, you are wrong in this case. I'm a career paramedic and it is within my protocol to cease resucitation in the field if I feel that the efforts are futile.

So while I do agree that their deicision to cease efforts was not apporpriate in this case, it's also inapproriate to make a blanket statement about a profession which you seem to know little about. Few people know what it really takes to be a paramedic, and even fewer really know what a paramedic can and can't do. It's a problem even within healthcare of other providers not knowing what a paramedics limitations are (or aren't).

Shane
NREMT-Paramedic

Thanks for sharing your experiences Shane. As pointed out before, this is governed by state law, and what a paramedic or EMT can do in one state (CT) is not an indication of what they can or can't do in another (CA). The protocols you were taught and follow are based on your particular jurisdiction. Of course, you may still be right in CA, but I'm trying to look up the relevant sections now...

Any idea which position California takes?
I believe that California precludes any paramedic who was shooting heron from pronouncing.

Sounds like if you were LP you wouldn't be in business at all. They readily sell scuba equipment not knowing if you are qualified or trained to use it. Exact same situation if not worse in terms of liability. I would think an even greater liability risk is them servicing your reg even though they are not an authorized dealer for the reg and the manufacturer publicly states that their regs are to be sold and serviced from authorized dealers only.

LP has the right to sell or not sell whatever they choose for whatever reason, but the "liability" excuse doesn't hold water, in my opinion.

Probably a good reason to stick to programming ehhhh?

YOU should be ashamed. You returned a product for a full cash refund after using it for three weeks because you decided you DID NOT LIKE IT? Childish, self centered and rude behavior. YOU stole from Costco.
Costco's guarantee is "Satisfaction or your money back." That guarantee is built into the cost of every item that you buy and the membership that you pay for. There's nothing wrong with returning something that you don't like, that's a benefit of Costco membership that you pay for.

I'm am now in Hawaii.

:popcorn::popcorn:

:trainwreck:
:argument:
:lurk:
:argue::klo::krach:
:hijack:
:hijackedthread:

By the way, the original post was about a computer that was bad. I am not aware of any place that sells service kits to fix your own computer. There are however many models that have batteries that the user can replace. It looks like the model in this thread was designed by Scuba Pro to be forever tied to the mfg.

:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom