Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can tell you exactly what happens. You bring your malfunctioning computer back to your friendly SP dealer, who sends it back to SP, and if he's nice, give you a computer that you can borrow for a while while it's out.

After a few weeks, SP sends it back fixed, tested and recalibrated, or sends a new one. The dealer calls, and you go pick up your computer and give back the loaner.

No drama, no need to post on the internet to hold anybody's feet to the fire. It was broken, now it's not, and everything was free.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

But in this case I believe we are talking about a perfectly functional computer that is consuming batteries at an accelerated rate. I'm not clear just how acceleratede this is. Is Scubapro acknowledging that this is a manufacturing defect and correcting the problem under the terms of the warranty by replacing the defective computer? Do all of these computers suffer from this defect such that if you have that model covered by the mfgr warranty it will be replaced on request?

But in this case I believe we are talking about a perfectly functional computer that is consuming batteries at an accelerated rate. I'm not clear just how acceleratede this is. Is Scubapro acknowledging that this is a manufacturing defect and correcting the problem under the terms of the warranty by replacing the defective computer?

Uwatec Repairs are a "black box" kind of thing. It goes out in whatever state it's in (really broken, sort of broken, maybe broken), and when it comes back it's OK.

IIRC, the battery problem had to do with it not shutting off correctly and the fix was a firmware upgrade (might be thinking of something else).

In any event, the actual repair is generally not disclosed (the invoice only contains generic service descriptions), but when it comes back it's 100% functional again. They have a really first class service operation and I've always been very happy with the work they do.

Terry

They have a really first class service operation and I've always been very happy with the work they do.

Terry
It's mhy understanding that they do no work, they just exchange.

Working for a Scubapro dealership, I can say their is a problem with those Aladdin's. The older ones consumed batteries.
As far as the upgrade goes, It's an upgraded computer thus more features. Worth more? I don't know! But certainly cost more to build it.
LP sounds like they did honor the Scubapro warrenty.
I Love my Scubapro regulators (MK3,5,7,10,18,20), but I own a Sunnto computer, easy to navagate the menu!
Dive Safe, Dive Often, Dive Prince William Sound, AK

It sounds to me like this whole thing is just another shell game ScubaPro is playing to get out of warranty repairs. By not issuing a recall for a known defect they get out of doing any warranty repair on anything that was purchased used or from an "unauthorized dealer"!

That is THE reason they sell to unauthorized dealers in the first place! If you guys think LP is getting this stuff anywhere else you are truly kidding yourself. Leisure Pro is not the problem here but they did step up and take care of the customer.

It's mhy understanding that they do no work, they just exchange.

SmartCom came back fixed, with my name still written on the back of the case.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

But in this case I believe we are talking about a perfectly functional computer that is consuming batteries at an accelerated rate. I'm not clear just how acceleratede this is. Is Scubapro acknowledging that this is a manufacturing defect and correcting the problem under the terms of the warranty by replacing the defective computer? Do all of these computers suffer from this defect such that if you have that model covered by the mfgr warranty it will be replaced on request?

Just to give you an idea of how quickly the unit was eating batteries... in September I took a liveaboard trip and changed the battery the day before the trip (Aladin Tec was dead in the closet) and used two batteries on 17 dives. Changed it again for about 8 or 10 local VA dives in Oct-Nov. and it was dead for my trip to Monterey, CA over Christmas. Changed the battery first day in Monterey and it was dead by the end of the trip with 10 dives.

FWIW... the manual states the battery should last between 200-300 dives!

Scott

Just to give you an idea of how quickly the unit was eating batteries... in September I took a liveaboard trip and changed the battery the day before the trip (Aladin Tec was dead in the closet) and used two batteries on 17 dives. Changed it again for about 8 or 10 local VA dives in Oct-Nov. and it was dead for my trip to Monterey, CA over Christmas. Changed the battery first day in Monterey and it was dead by the end of the trip with 10 dives.

FWIW... the manual states the battery should last between 200-300 dives!

Scott

Thanks. I was not thinking anything that bad. I'm a little surprised that does not get to be a safety issue and a CPSC recall. Does the computer retain N & O status when you change the battery? Maybe, like with the Mk20 yoke nut, that will come in time. I'm glad LP got it right when asked to reconsider.

Back
Top Bottom