Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just wondering. How much the price dif was.

I do think LP should honor the warranty.

However that being said if the computer was 300 from lp and 500 from lds. Then he had to pay 100 more for a total of 400 to lp, he still has saved 100 over the lds.

I suspect that if you insist that LP abide by its established warrenty, they will. But be prepared for them to go for a repair (if even possible) that might take a while. And keep us informed as I'm sure LP will understand that there handling of this will be watched and that their first step looks like a stumble to lots of potential customers.

I think they're like $450.

And again this poor guy shouldn't have to shell out anything for it.. SP dropped the old model and replaced it with the 2G. That isn't the fault of the customer, it's the fault of SP for having poor quality control or rushing something to market that wasn't ready.

Well maybe you should think of buying from an authorized dealer the same as purchasing and extended warranty. I agree you gets what you pay for. If you want the warranty you pay for it. In this case you buy from an authorized dealer.

Now the OP posted to warn others that in his opinion LP did not live up to their guarantee. It is up to LP to fix, not Scubapro.

I suspect that if you insist that LP abide by its established warrenty, they will. But be prepared for them to go for a repair (if even possible) that might take a while. And keep us informed as I'm sure LP will understand that there handling of this will be watched and that their first step looks like a stumble to lots of potential customers.

and then you end up with the old model. So what do you want? Seems to me LP is completely honoring the warranty.

There's a thread on Deco Stop where some of the folks complained that their computer ate batteries and SP replaced their units. I don't know if it was a dealer deal or directly through SP. They didn't get charged a hundo for their effort.

But... if I could get the 2g for a hundo, I'd to it in a NY minute, even if I had to "trade" my old one in.

Well maybe you should think of buying from an authorized dealer the same as purchasing and extended warranty. I agree you gets what you pay for. If you want the warranty you pay for it. In this case you buy from an authorized dealer.

Now the OP posted to warn others that in his opinion LP did not live up to their guarantee. It is up to LP to fix, not Scubapro.

that really should have squat to do with it. Perhaps someone gifted it to him for his birthday?

The manufacturer should stand behind their POS products. This is not a dealer issue, it's an issue of a poorly manufactured or designed product. It's not LPs fault the thing is bad, either.

Sounds to me like $100 is a cheap upgrade to a brand new (new model) computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom