Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait til it comes for a battery replacement :) free from scurbapro, guess what it costs to pay for that yourself since you don't have a factory warranty, lol

LP's warranty says repair or replace. Replace means the same product or an equal product, if the identical one is not available. Is that new computer "greater than" instead of "equal" in features? If that's the case, you could have them provide a product equal to your first computer, with no extra cash from you.

I am a Scubapro fan, but also know there are a lot of other good brands and models that they offer. Maybe one is more "equal". (It might even have a user-friendly battery.)

Just something to consider. Good luck with it.

I was just wondering. How much the price dif was.

I do think LP should honor the warranty.

However that being said if the computer was 300 from lp and 500 from lds. Then he had to pay 100 more for a total of 400 to lp, he still has saved 100 over the lds.

Of course the net savings are always good @ LP. I do get to visit them in person 3-5 times a year. They always have the latest new gear and the best prices. They are being sold directly by all the companies, including those who tell the poor gullible local stores that LP is not authorized.

. They are being sold directly by all the companies, including those who tell the poor gullible local stores that LP is not authorized.

That is not true at all. Scubapro has the legal expense to prove it.

Go for a uwatec battery replacement and you'll see it will run you quite a bit of money. Think otherwise if you want but, you'll see :)

Hey Al... if you knew anything about the Aladin Tec you would know it had a user replaceable battery lol... :mooner:

First I think LP should have replaced the computer with no extra charge.

Second, even with the $100 upgrade fee the guy paid less than he would have for the computer at an LDS. Not as good as having the extra $100 in his pocket but a way of looking at the glass as half full.

Third, it is amazing that LP always has the latest gear even before large LDS's have it, but it doesn't ship from the mfg. Now that is amazing! How do they do it???? Do you think LP really makes the stuff and then brands it out to various mfgs??? Hmmm, I might be onto something here. Let me put on my tin foil hat---It will come to me in a minute!!!

Usually by the time you take your chances and loose and pay the extra and hope it never goes south again you could have bought it from the LDS and still have a warranty. Then when it does break again your not in the hole. chances are it will break! no matter what brand you buy its going to happen stuff like that just breaks.

I would highly contest this statement, maybe once in a while but definitely not "usually".

Wait til it comes for a battery replacement :) free from scurbapro, guess what it costs to pay for that yourself since you don't have a factory warranty, lol

A good reason to avoid Scubapro altogether as that issue not only affects purchases from LP but used gear, meaning the resale value is diminished.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom