Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smarts. e-bay is too much of a challenge for me intellectually. Plus, you need an attention span.

I read through the first couple of pages and wanted to post my feedback on LP:

I bought a tusa spg for my g/f on LP and we didn't use it for 90 days. When we first took it diving we did a 100' dive and it registered the max depth as 80' so it was clearly out of tune.

I called LP, they told me to send mine in and they'd send one back, shouldn't take more than 3 weeks total. I told them I was leaving on a trip in 1.5 weeks and needed faster turn around. They said put it in the notes and we'll take care of it. Needless to say I had a brand new part 2 days before I left for my trip.

Of course returning products is going to be better at your LDS, but before people totally knock LP, their service is as good as just about any online retailer (for any item). I've bought many things from them, typically things that don't need repair or service (wet suits, accessories, etc.). I did buy my BCD there and that one SPG, but that was more because they had the specific pieces I wanted.

I'll always buy my regulators at my LDS for the servicing reasons.

I'm a big fat guy and Was Trying to find a Off-the -Shelf Wetsuit that would fit. Larry sent me two to try on and said keep the one that fits. Now that is service

BrianV:
I called LP, they told me to send mine in and they'd send one back, shouldn't take more than 3 weeks total. I told them I was leaving on a trip in 1.5 weeks and needed faster turn around. They said put it in the notes and we'll take care of it. Needless to say I had a brand new part 2 days before I left for my trip.

I had a similar thing happen, and their warranty service was fast and got the item back to me before my trip out of country. That being said, I always make sure to buy plenty from my LDS as well. LP can't fill my tanks, so I make sure to buy what I can at the LDS even if it's a little more expensive. I won't pay twice the price for something, but if you pay $40 instead of $30 for something, it's probably worth giving the money to your local store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom