Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks,

I would not hesitiate to buy small things from scubatoyz vs an LDS, depending on the LDS. The problem is if you don't know what you want, looking at a picture on line is a poor substitute. You will eventually have to go into an LDS and try it on, feel how it fits, etc.

I know of one LDS who he will not sell you something if he doesn't think you need it. I even told him before I went out on a trip to dutch with a class of his that I was renting some gear from another LDS, because he was too far away, His reponse was sure I understand. I told him I wanted to buy a zeagle flathead XP, more expensive and environmentally sealed, he said....WHY you going to do any ice diving? Buy the less expensive flathead.

It's all in who you find, you might pay a little more, however the advice and support of a good LDS is invaluable. Plus, who are you going to dive with if you don't have any contacts in your local dive community?

Aloysius:
I am considering buying a dive computer from leisure pro. The same computer is 50% more at my local dive shop. The pros of buying through LP is the price. Are there any cons?

I buy anything I don't need warranty for through LP and everything else from scubatoys:D

Value is perception. Buying something with a warranty for more money may be a good value for some, whereas buying something for cheap without may be a good idea for others.

LP has great selection and prices. But they refused to sell me what I was looking to buy (service kits) so I needed to find other sources who would meet my consumer needs. Now I only buy from LP when I can't find what I want at a competetive price from my other sources.

I'm a happy LP customer, just bought a gekko, they even sent me a spare spanish instruction booklet with it, and save over 100 bucks in the process. couldn't be happier.

Kind regards

The lack of a factory warranty is not a problem--until it is a problem. I have had the bad luck to need to replace my Veo200 twice under the original warranty. After about 40 dives the display faded to the point where I couldn' read anything. The LDS replaced it on the spot, no questions asked. During my second dive with the new computer it flooded. (These things happen, I guess.) The LDS sent it to Oceanic, and Oceanic sent back a new one within a week. Somehow I don't think LP would have made things quite so painless. And yes, I do buy from LP--whistle, light, knife--stuff like that.

Bought my Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus from my LDS, which came with a mfg warranty, of course. On a dive on the USS Spiegel Grove my puter did not work at depth, because I failed to rescroll after it was off for an hour, did not realize that at the time. I called them and they said send it back with your proof of purchase. Within 7 days they sent me a new one. With that new puter, several months later, while diving from a boat in Saba, I left my puter in the direct sun, it came out of my BC pocket, a no no. When I tried to access water temp it gave me straight lines and no temp. I called them and said all other features were working except that, they said, send it back and we'll look at it. We don't want to take any chances. The sent me another new one. Do you think Leisure Pro would do that, or Oceanic be able to do that after you bought it from an unauthorized dealer like Leisure Pro? I think not.

Two things, well, three, buy an Oceanic puter -they stand behind the gear they make and sell, buy from a place that will give you a mfg warranty, it can be very costly later on if you don't, if something were to go wrong with your grear, and don't do the dumb things I did with your puter.

Well, after reading all the nice things about the ScubaToys I tried to order a Tusa Imprex Pro BCD from them. Although my order was accepted, I got a voicemail today saying that that BCD was discontinued and they would like to offer me some other one for a "little extra". At the same time this BCD is still available for order at their web site. Sorry guys, but this is just a sleazy marketing and a false advertisement at it's best... Good luck with ScubaToys, but I doubt I will order from them again.

As with any merchant......you get what you pay for. I have used (I think) every internet based SCUBA gear reseller and I found that LeisurePro and SCUBATOYS provide the best values. A dead even heat between the two. So, having said that.....time to go diving.

truemetal:
Well, after reading all the nice things about the ScubaToys I tried to order a Tusa Imprex Pro BCD from them. Although my order was accepted, I got a voicemail today saying that that BCD was discontinued and they would like to offer me some other one for a "little extra". At the same time this BCD is still available for order at their web site. Sorry guys, but this is just a sleazy marketing and a false advertisement at it's best... Good luck with ScubaToys, but I doubt I will order from them again.

I've ordered from Larry several times with no issues. I usually call him because my orders are not always simple. As for a discontinued BCD on the site, as far as I know, Larry maintains the site himself. Things like that can go by unnoticed easily. I can vouch for ScubaToys that they do not intentionally conduct sleazy marketing and false advertising. I've even been in the store in Texas. It's a top notch operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom