Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've bought two computers online (one from Diver's Supply, one from Leisure Pro).
both worked out alright

LP doesn't have much in the way of customer service.

THeir prices are low

Aloysius:
It is the SmartCom and I think I will just shell the bucks out to my LDS. I tend to have bad luck and I'd rather not have any problems when it comes to servicing or warranty work.

It's an excellent computer, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, if I needed it.

BTW, don't be put off by the factory-only battery service. It's actually a huge advantage. The battery is special and very high capacity and will last you at least several years (I've got about 4+ years and close to 200 dives and it's still over 85%).

Also, because the battery doesn't need to be user-serviceable, Uwatec was able to pot the entire computer in some type of grease, and completely seal the case, which makes it as leak-proof as anything I've ever seen.

Terry

RJTY:
1) Dont imply that I am lying. I dont know you and you dont know me
2) My point was that if he bought it at a LDS or scubatoys, he would have somebody to help him to avoid many of his own mistakes

1) I don't recall implying that you were lying. The word "speculation" was used for two reasons. One, you said, "I think" and two, you are speaking for someone else so don't take it so personally. SO, I ask again. Did he try to get a refund or an exchange or did he just accept this used computer?

To Speculate: To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence.

2) I'm sorry it happened but but don't complain if your brother isn't willing to ask for a refund that would have clearly been given if he hadn't used the computer yet. That is what I am implying. Then, he could take his money to the LDS and all would be fixed!!! See? That easy.

All I ask is that people back slander with clear arguments and complete stories, otherwise I have to assume another side to the story or that some piece is missing and that isn't an attack, that is good judgement. As you pointed out, I don't know you but I have shopped at LP MANY times and I do know them. My opinion about LP has been made clear and it is a "gray" matter, lol. Good luck and dive safely!:wink:

I also bought my comp from LP and have had no problems. I bought my BCD from scuba.com and have had no problems. It's like everybody is saying, If you have doupts, buy from your LSD.
I do buy from my LDS, but when it comes to saving $100+ on a big ticket item, it's a call you have to make for your self and live with it!!

Hey guys don't forget about us! We carry many of the products everybody else does and I think if you ask anyone that has purchased from us they are more than happy..

Give us a try and let me know if you think we don't make the grade! I look forward in serving you

Regards
Randy

techdivinglimited.com

Well here is a perfect opportunity to put LP to the test. I purchased a computer from them last June that worked flawlessly until last week while diving the Spiegel Grove. The computer showed plenty of battery power prior to the dive, worked fine halfway through the dive and then the display began fading, shortly after fading the display went blank and began flashing intermittent nonsense bars, slashes and symbols. I overnighted it to LP yesterday with the warranty card and a note explaining I have numerous dives lined up, some as early as this weekend and need a comptuer A.S.A.P.

I will keep you all posted as to how this is handled by LP.

ONESPEED:
Well here is a perfect opportunity to put LP to the test. I purchased a computer from them last June that worked flawlessly until last week while diving the Spiegel Grove. The computer showed plenty of battery power prior to the dive, worked fine halfway through the dive and then the display began fading, shortly after fading the display went blank and began flashing intermittent nonsense bars, slashes and symbols. I overnighted it to LP yesterday with the warranty card and a note explaining I have numerous dives lined up, some as early as this weekend and need a comptuer A.S.A.P.

I will keep you all posted as to how this is handled by LP.

I'll bet they will get it taken care of -- but it won't be fast. This may be a good time to take some of the $$ you saved buying from LP and get a backup. I'll take a good backup over a good warrenty any time.

Randy-TDL:
Hey guys don't forget about us! We carry many of the products everybody else does and I think if you ask anyone that has purchased from us they are more than happy..

Give us a try and let me know if you think we don't make the grade! I look forward in serving you

Regards
Randy

techdivinglimited.com

Will you sell parts kits like scubatoys does?

awap:
I'll bet they will get it taken care of -- but it won't be fast. This may be a good time to take some of the $$ you saved buying from LP and get a backup. I'll take a good backup over a good warrenty any time.

AWAP,

That has to be one of the most wonderful and logical statements I've read on the board in a long time.

the K

Randy-TDL:

Regards
Randy

techdivinglimited.com

Yeah, Joel and Randy are great too. Sorry I didn't mention you guys, Randy. I've bought lots of stuff from you, even been in the shop and met Joel. I just think of you guys more on the technical side of things and have you in that list of online sales Although you do sell lots of stuff that could be used on the recreational side too.

BTW, do you sell parts kits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom